British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

Just wondering if anyone else here has Discovery+ on the SkyQ app? Signed up for entertainment and sport just now but when I activated the sky app it is different to the discovery+ on my tablet....no sport! According to my account I have two devices , my Android tablet and Sky Q showing as paired...but both accounts look different 

12 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Just wondering if anyone else here has Discovery+ on the SkyQ app? Signed up for entertainment and sport just now but when I activated the sky app it is different to the discovery+ on my tablet....no sport! According to my account I have two devices , my Android tablet and Sky Q showing as paired...but both accounts look different 

I had exactly the same problem, luckily my daughter is more switched on than I am and I have an Amazon firestick. She downloaded the Discovery Plus all on that and sports is on it.

• Like 1

I ain't sure how you actually go about subscribing to sports/entertainment package, can't see nowt on the normal Discovery+ app on my TV.

5 hours ago, Dodger Blue said:

I had exactly the same problem, luckily my daughter is more switched on than I am and I have an Amazon firestick. She downloaded the Discovery Plus all on that and sports is on it.

Yeah just did that and hey presto! Many thanks it has been a nightmare! 

• Like 1

Turns out I signed up for it on my tablet and linked it to my Sky Q box but sky already have me a free 12 month sub....for the basic discovery app...so had to try and watch snooker (zzzz) just to try it out on an Android device but keeps saying playback error....going to try firestick now, have signed in and will see if the live streams work....generally awful service 

Hi, can anyone tell me if the SGP 2 and 3 will be shown on Eurosport? Thanks

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 6:33 PM, chris4gillian said:

Following the very sad passing of Nigel 'the voice of speedway' Pearson, has there been any news regarding who will be commentating?

I sincerely hope Kelv stays on, but he may not wish to continue without his dear friend Nigel.

I can't find anything on the web...

I believe it may be Dave Rowe, who posted on twitter earlier that he was in Croatia.

• Like 1

Qualification now on. It's Kelvin Tatum and Chris Louis.

I take it that this qualifying session is fastest lap gets first pick of rider number? If so it's completely pointless as the track is gone after the first 3 sets of quali already. Surely they should aggregate the times or average them after the completion of all of the quali sessions. 

Or a knock out format like F1, this current format just doesn't work for me

Edited by iainb

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

I take it that this qualifying session is fastest lap gets first pick of rider number? If so it's completely pointless as the track is gone after the first 3 sets of quali already. Surely they should aggregate the times or average them after the completion of all of the quali sessions. 

Or a knock out format like F1, this current format just doesn't work for me

See my post on the Gorican thread- explaining qualification.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Am i reading this right on Eurosports website

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/speedway/speedway-grand-prix-explained-everything-you-need-to-know-ahead-of-the-2022-season_sto8867482/story.shtml

4 points for a Heat win? Is this a new rule or is it a typo?

Certainly looks like it. If this is true I'm surprised it hasn't been made more widely known. That is quite a big change.

11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

See my post on the Gorican thread- explaining qualification.

I just started to read it... but lost interest, sorry, it's quite long isn't it