British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

They just cannot help themselves can they.

So basically you could win your first 5 races score 20 points suffer an engine failure or get taken off and hurt in the semi and get awarded 9 GP points.

It’s like the superheat, What plonkers keep thinking this crap up.

How about some that will actually increase paying spectators like tracks that are set up for racing instead of trapping competitions.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Qualification now on. It's Kelvin Tatum and Chris Louis.

i havent watch it 

The timing is not working half the time, making it even more pointless

28 minutes ago, Lorenzo558 said:

https://www.fimspeedway.com/rules/ says 3 for a win so I think we can breathe a sigh of relief and say that it's a typo

I think so, yes. Certainly Chris and Kelvin aren't aware of it if it's true.

33 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

See my post on the Gorican thread- explaining qualification.

I got a bit confused when I read it, and do not have Discovery+ to see it for real.  But is it not just the same format they introduced before Covid intervened, except not on a Friday night and without letting you practice before approaching the start line?

It is a shame the horrible championship points system has been retained.  I wish they had gone back to double points in the final, retaining points scores is a much fairer reflection of a rider's performance while ensuring the double points ensures the importance og winning G.P.s when chasing the title.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, someone said:

I got a bit confused when I read it, and do not have Discovery+ to see it for real.  But is it not just the same format they introduced before Covid intervened, except not on a Friday night and without letting you practice before approaching the start line?

It is a shame the horrible championship points system has been retained.  I wish they had gone back to double points in the final, retaining points scores is a much fairer reflection of a rider's performance while ensuring the double points ensures the importance og winning G.P.s when chasing the title.

No it’s an amended qualification - before they had free practice to determine the order for the shoot out(1 rider on track at time)  which determined draw order. Now it’s an extended frr practice format with fatest times from the 3 goes on track counting for draw order.

On 4/26/2022 at 1:10 PM, chunky said:

I would certainly hope so! For a while, it was done via the SGP website, and then switched to YouTube, so I have no reason to suspect that we would be deprived of it this year.

Can't find it this year Chunky......think you can watch via USA: Live on beIN SPORTS....

Unfortunately not available for me......if you find something please let me know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andout said:

Can't find it this year Chunky......think you can watch via USA: Live on beIN SPORTS....

Unfortunately not available for me......if you find something please let me know.

I've been finding the same, and I can't get beIN SPORTS. However, last night I did find one YouTube link that looks promising. I will let you know how it turns out.

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chunky said:

I've been finding the same, and I can't get beIN SPORTS. However, last night I did find one YouTube link that looks promising. I will let you know how it turns out.

Nope...

Racers and Royals has posted a Facebook link on the meeting thread, so I'm going to check that out...

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

There has been civil unrest on the streets of Moscow with protesters reportedly chanting 'bring back Laguta', as result Vladimir Putin has ordered a full withdrawal of his army out of Ukraine. With the War over, the FIM has been handed the noble peace prize for their crushing blow to the Putin regime.

History will look kindly on speedway.  Though you would have thought it more likely that Russia and Russian clubs being suspended from FIFA and UEFA competition, or from IIHF competitions, or their athletes being suspended by the IOC and World Athletics Council, or the actions of various other sports would have had that affect. How different the world would have been if only Archduke Ferdinand had been a speedway fan (arguably before it had even been invented).

Just watched last nights Eurosport Gorican GP highlights show, and it was far better than previous Eurosport highlight efforts. Dave Rowe hosted it(off camera ) and commentated on the races  and did a great job. The majority of the races were shown. Well worth watching if repeated over the next few days.

• Like 1

After 2 rounds, need to scrap qualifing for 2023. Absolutely pointless & boring viewing. 

Just do round 1 riding order as an 'out the hat' draw then every round after that should be defined by the reverse finishing order of the previous round. 

15th = 1st pick, 14th = 2nd & so on. 16th (Wildcard) just gets the remaining slot. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

After 2 rounds, need to scrap qualifing for 2023. Absolutely pointless & boring viewing. 

Just do round 1 riding order as an 'out the hat' draw then every round after that should be defined by the reverse finishing order of the previous round. 

15th = 1st pick, 14th = 2nd & so on. 16th (Wildcard) just gets the remaining slot. 

Brilliant idea. The draw could even be done as part of the GP aftershow. Like a trailer for the next round.  

Interview each rider about their performance on the night and then ask them to pick their 1 to 16 position.