British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

46 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Greg Hancock.

Debatable... you sound as though you don't think Trick should be involved?

32 minutes ago, iainb said:

Debatable... you sound as though you don't think Trick should be involved?

50/60 in my case. Not confident in anyway  that it is the right way to go.

21 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

50/60 in my case. Not confident in anyway  that it is the right way to go.

Who is the SGP ambassador at the moment?

Not 100% confirmed but more than a possibility i would say 

During the Wednesday session of the Gorzów City Council there was a heated discussion on whether the city of Gorzów should allocate over PLN 10 million to the organization of four Grand Prix speedway tournaments. After several dozen minutes of discussions between the councilors and the authorities of Gorzów, a decision was finally made. The councilors decided that the Grand Prix in Gorzów would take place after all.

On Wednesday, September 29, during the session of the Gorzów City Council, councilors voted on the resolution on "incurring a commitment for 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025", i.e. taking a loan in the amount of PLN 10 million 242 thousand 916 by the city of Gorzów to finance the organization and purchase rights to the Grand Prix, and more precisely four Grand Prix tournaments on speedway in 2022-2025. The series is organized by Discovery.

The cost of organizing tournaments in individual years is to be as follows: 2022 - 2 million 363 thousand. PLN 57, 2023 - 2 million 626 thousand. PLN 619, 2024 - PLN 2 million 626 thousand PLN 619 and in 2025 - PLN 2 million 626 thousand 619. From the money that Gorzów will pay for the organization of the tournament - 500,000. Euro, the Discovery group will allocate 250 thousand. euro for the advertising campaign of Gorzów. The package includes a total of 355 spots of 30 seconds each on the antennas of TVN, TVN24, TTV and Eurosport.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, racers and royals said:

During the Wednesday session of the Gorzów City Council there was a heated discussion on whether the city of Gorzów should allocate over PLN 10 million to the organization of four Grand Prix speedway tournaments. After several dozen minutes of discussions between the councilors and the authorities of Gorzów, a decision was finally made. The councilors decided that the Grand Prix in Gorzów would take place after all.

On Wednesday, September 29, during the session of the Gorzów City Council, councilors voted on the resolution on "incurring a commitment for 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025", i.e. taking a loan in the amount of PLN 10 million 242 thousand 916 by the city of Gorzów to finance the organization and purchase rights to the Grand Prix, and more precisely four Grand Prix tournaments on speedway in 2022-2025. The series is organized by Discovery.

The cost of organizing tournaments in individual years is to be as follows: 2022 - 2 million 363 thousand. PLN 57, 2023 - 2 million 626 thousand. PLN 619, 2024 - PLN 2 million 626 thousand PLN 619 and in 2025 - PLN 2 million 626 thousand 619. From the money that Gorzów will pay for the organization of the tournament - 500,000. Euro, the Discovery group will allocate 250 thousand. euro for the advertising campaign of Gorzów. The package includes a total of 355 spots of 30 seconds each on the antennas of TVN, TVN24, TTV and Eurosport.

So £372k, £373k etc ....... 

On 9/29/2021 at 6:12 PM, racers and royals said:

How do you find out all this stuff.

Just now, racers and royals said:

By looking at Polish speedway media and then translating through Google.

Wow nice one brilliant.

Some more news Dackarna has been asked about continue staging a GP, Sweden/Svemo has met the new organizers and have
been /will been involved in planning but only for a small part. Initially no large expansion with new races but a similar concept as today.
Most things are supposedly already decided/done and will likely be presented at either the press conference or within the nearest days.

Source is Janne Rindstigb (radio reporter) and Mikael Karlsson (Svemo track racing section boss),, from 22 minutes - 24 minutes.

https://sverigesradio.se/avsnitt/favorit-i-repris-nar-sm-finalen-avgors

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Tai woffinden is quoted as saying he has met with Discovery and is blown away by what they are planning for the GP’s.

Edited by Ghostwalker

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Tai woffinden is quoted as saying he has met with Discovery and is blown away by what they are planning for the GP’s.

If it's anything like the coverage of British Speedway they'll just not be televising the final rounds... that's blown me away too

15 hours ago, racers and royals said:

By looking at Polish speedway media and then translating through Google.

And that is the key in finding RELIABLE information… :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

And that is the key in finding RELIABLE information… :rolleyes:

It certainly is, as long as we can trust the accuracy of the source and the auto-translation. 

There are those who suggest that the main source, Sportowe Fakty is lacking in objectivity. Of course, being only a distant observer I can't comment. 

I use Chrome as my browser and have it fitted with the Google Translate extension so if you tell it to i will translate every web page you visit into English. 

The Ermolenko update has sadly been delayed due to technical problems and multiple resignations/retirements........