British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

2 hours ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

£4.99 a month for up to 4 simultaneous connections so that's cheap enough or like this year you could just view via the SGP website using a VPN for free if your viewing device has a browser and allows streaming.

Happy Days :)

The current SGP website will be shut down after this season.

2 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Discovery's plus is currently 12 months free through Sky TV, so if you subscribe end of this month you get next season for free. It's £59 for the year there after so not a bad price at all.

Yes, I noticed that. The link to the info is here;    https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus-v1?DCMP=tva-skycom:ec_discovery_plus&awc=11005_1633102631_7c370f3dad660c4b3e4c5ece1ec8c142

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Can't find it on my sky? ....so it's got to be a smart tv to access it? Screwed if so! 

Sorry wrong info

Discovery+ is NOT a channel it is the name Discovery give to their streaming service that requires an app to access it, Sky+ cannot run apps, you'd need Sky Q for app access

Edited by racers and royals

If you don't have Sky is there any way of getting this God forsaken channel other than watching online on a pc?

You don’t need Sky TV to watch Discovery Plus. On your smart tv, go to Google Play and search for Discovery plus. Download the app and you re ready to go. Took me 30 seconds.

But the question is, what channel are they going to show the GPS on? There is no Discovery Plus Channel that I know of so it could be streaming service only for the live speedway GP, re shown in a highlights package on Eurosport afterwards.

You actually do get a ton of stuff to watch, like every episode of Salvage Hunters going back 15 years if that floats your boat. 18 channels in total for just over a quid a week.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

On 9/22/2021 at 7:30 PM, Rob B said:

Yep I can’t see going back to Parken, thought that was a failure, too expensive and most speedway fans on Jutland. Horsens wasn’t bad but crowds started to dwindle. Vojens has had lot of investment, but hearing it’s going to be somewhere different possibly in July next year.

Vojens is back after all, not really an exciting choice but neither surprising since there aren't really much else to choose from if you want the GP on a permanent track.

9 minutes ago, Grachan said:

If you don't have Sky is there any way of getting this God forsaken channel other than watching online on a pc?

Virgin Media carry the Disco group of channels, if cable TV is an option in your area.

17 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Vojens is back after all, not really an exciting choice but neither surprising since there aren't really much else to choose from if you want the GP on a permanent track.

Esbjerg it seems doing the SON over a week ?

23 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

I think the person who told me must have got mixed up with the SoN at Esbjerg in July. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Buy an Amazon Firestick and you will be able to download the app onto that and watch it on your tv.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There you go. All very easy. 

Easy if have smart tv and know what you are doing. Fine for me I already have it but a lot of people wont. Interesting how they can I creae their viewers to 100 million with this.

46 minutes ago, Noodles said:

The current SGP website will be shut down after this season.

current website address will switch over to new promotion on 1 November.

12 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Esbjerg it seems doing the SON over a week ?

True but SoN/SWC isn't really the same high profile event as SGP IMO and I think even Vojens is a bit on the basic side.

Edited by Ghostwalker