British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
noaksey

Wolves v Panthers 13/9

On 9/10/2021 at 2:58 PM, KeirStarmerFan said:

40-50

Wolverhampton tears will start after heat 13.

So close 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

Super meeting from a neutral hope my team is back in the top flight next season who knows 

Did you watch heats 1-10. Dreadful stuff. Last 5 heats were decent. Nicol was poor for Wolves, but Pedersen was no better. Kemp out performed Flint, even though he didn't look as quick, just raced smarter.

Pressure on Panthers now to win at Owlerton on Thursday. Panthers won at a canter last time they were in Sheffield but Harris scored a load from reserve.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

Super meeting from a neutral hope my team is back in the top flight next season who knows 

Really Ray? The track is being slated on twitter and people saying it is not a good advert for speedway!

As for top flight, hope not! 

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Really Ray? The track is being slated on twitter and people saying it is not a good advert for speedway!

As for top flight, hope not! 

all i will say i enjoyed the meeting dont see any meetings at poole that close 

I just cant enjoy a track where the fastest line is often round the kerb. Hertbreaking to see riders busting a gut round the boards and getting nowhere.

It's interesting watching riders race Wolves on TV to see who takes the best lines etc

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ray c said:

Are you serious? - Have you been drinking? - Can only hope for a Belle Vue and Peterborough final - proper speedway tracks along with Redcar and Scunthorpe and Kent (if they widen the whole track) - 

• Haha 1

Usual meeting at the toy track. For once Wolves faced a team who outbattled them. Only in the last 5 races was there anything to watch.

All together now......"Who do you think your kidding Mr Straatan if you think we're on the run" :rofl:

Dad's Army celebrate their success! :party:

Godfrey was the First Aider as Monmore was blitzed by Bomber command! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip

Getting so bored of people excitedly saying that there’s loads of dirt on the track tonight…Tatum prodding about saying it’s really grippy and the riders are going to love it…Only for the racing to be utter toilet. I don’t care what the riders love or the dinosaurs think makes a good racing surface…just dumping a load of dirt on the track doesn’t make for good racing these days.

It’s just another example of the people that matter in the sport still thinking it’s the 1950’s, and black leathers and knee deep tracks are where the real entertainment is. Turgid stuff.

Just now, Flappy said:

Looks like Bjarne at reserve for the play offs then 

Will need to up his game bigtime as that spot in a way has the most pressure to deliver at the moment 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Looks like Bjarne at reserve for the play offs then 

Won't have the same impact, especially away from home

Congratulations to Peterborough, worthy victors on the night. Five race winners (even though four brought heat advantages) at home tells its own story. Harris has had many a fine night at Monmore and added another to the list this evening. Though wearing my Wolves hat I doff it in his direction! Slightly surprised to see criticism of the racing; perhaps the intensity fails to transmit to the TV screen. Watching in person it was gripping.
Safe journey home to the travelling Panthers fans

• Like 1