British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Edinburgh SGB Championship Sun 12th Sept. 6.30pm

It is mandatory for at least four riders from each team (not juniors) to participate in the annual track collections.    Getting the four or more riders to assist is the responsibility of the two team managers.  Reg. 02.2.14(h)

2 hours ago, KEITH M said:

Does anyone know how much was collected for the speedway riders benevolent fund as I knew nothing of it until I read my programme when back in house and I didn’t hear Barry announce anything or see any riders collecting … though I have since heard a few juniors were going around the stadium but they definitely didn’t come anywhere near I where I was standing on the main terraces 

Only 2 juniors that I seen with buckets !! So I doubt I'll be much & what about a couple of the diamonds who's has plenty off the fund never came out with buckets ( disappointed ) I reckon

11 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Only 2 juniors that I seen with buckets !! So I doubt I'll be much & what about a couple of the diamonds who's has plenty off the fund never came out with buckets ( disappointed ) I reckon

Aye, a only seen 2 of the 'Sapphires' going round. :(

With a 6.30pm start and 27 heats to get through, it was deemed that there was no time for an interval to let riders go round the crowd for the collection.  As far as I am aware there was buckets placed near the turnstiles/next to the track shop (not sure which).

You can still donate:

Text SRBF to 70085 to donate £5.

Via PayPal at www.srbf.co.uk

Cheque made payable to SRBF and posted to ACU House, Wood Street, Rugby, CV21 2YX.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

With a 6.30pm start and 27 heats to get through, it was deemed that there was no time for an interval to let riders go round the crowd for the collection.  As far as I am aware there was buckets placed near the turnstiles/next to the track shop (not sure which).

You can still donate:

Text SRBF to 70085 to donate £5.

Via PayPal at www.srbf.co.uk

Cheque made payable to SRBF and posted to ACU House, Wood Street, Rugby, CV21 2YX.

Why 27 heats Steve?

Just now, Diamonds85 said:

15 Championship heats + 12 NJL heats (2 meetings)

OK thanks sorry did not know they were running NJL Meeting's 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

Steve, did the second NJL meeting take place because the Speedway Updates site only shows the first one which ended as a draw ?.

It definitely took place, but know idea of the scoreline. 

15 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

It definitely took place, but know idea of the scoreline. 

1st match: Sapphires 18 East Lothian Wildcats 18.

2nd match: Sapphires 20 Glasgow Ashfield Coleman Training Giants 15.

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

1st match: Sapphires 18 East Lothian Wildcats 18.

2nd match: Sapphires 20 Glasgow Ashfield Coleman Training Giants 15.

Did someone take the place of the other lad that had fell in the first match?

29 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Did someone take the place of the other lad that had fell in the first match?

No. Second match was 3 riders per team with the withdrawal of both Owen Booth and Billy Budd, who were supposed to ride in both matches.

Edited by StevePark
  • Thanks 1

At the turnstile on entry, was asked if I wished to donate to the SRBF, which I did.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2021 at 1:06 AM, HenryW said:

And this is where the sport in the UK has completely lost the plot and made itself look stupid.
Guests, guests, guests...
A member of the local rivals team helps as a guest. What an absolute joke. How can you expect fans to have any true passion for their team when it includes a member of their biggest rivals? Even more crazy when there is a member of the Monarchs team from this season sitting doing nothing that could have filled that place instead of a Tiger!
And that's before we even get into the doubling up here and racing in other leagues abroad, which sees pretty much every team have "rival" riders that are team mates somewhere else...It takes so much away from the competitive team element. 
Is it really still a team sport at this point? Or just a bunch of individuals pulling on a random race suit/jacket each night?

6 man teams with riders earning more as they get more races.

Riders not chosen in declared teams go in to an "assistance pot" where they are allowed to assist any team up to a maximum of appearances.

Riders earn more, lessens doubling up/down, team identity no longer guest/joke issue.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2021 at 2:14 PM, IronScorpion said:

6 man teams with riders earning more as they get more races.

Riders not chosen in declared teams go in to an "assistance pot" where they are allowed to assist any team up to a maximum of appearances.

Riders earn more, lessens doubling up/down, team identity no longer guest/joke issue.

Don't expect those that end up in any "assistance pot" would hang around for the odd booking, so how would they earn more?

Likewise how would 6 man teams reduce doubling up/down unless you capped the number per team. If this was introduced would also reduce earnings potential of some of those who rode in both PL & CL,  but no longer able to do so.

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 2