British Speedway Forum
GARY POPPS

Ice Speedway 2022

13 minutes ago, Conkers said:

Seeing as I was working yesterday covering Rochdale v Harrogate Town, what happened with Toloknov? I saw he only had three rides and assumed he must have fallen. Can someone enlighten me please?

Toloknov had a pretty nasty accident in his thrid heat. His left foot got tangled between the back wheel and mudgard of another bike,. The sole of the boot was totally ripped up by the spinning wheel's spikes. There was quite a lot of blood on the ice, his foot must be severely damaged. He was carried away in an ambulance car. 

33 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Toloknov had a pretty nasty accident in his thrid heat. His left foot got tangled between the back wheel and mudgard of another bike,. The sole of the boot was totally ripped up by the spinning wheel's spikes. There was quite a lot of blood on the ice, his foot must be severely damaged. He was carried away in an ambulance car. 

Thanks for that.  I seem to remember he got injured and had to pull out of the 2019 championship too.  

1 hour ago, Conkers said:

Seeing as I was working yesterday covering Rochdale v Harrogate Town, what happened with Toloknov? I saw he only had three rides and assumed he must have fallen. Can someone enlighten me please?

Here You can see the incident. Toloknov is the rider in yellow.

World Championship standings after 2 of the 4 rounds this season.

1 Bogdanov  40

2  Kononov   34

3 Koltakov  30

4 Khomitsevich  30

5 Weber  25

6 Valeev  22

7 Khuzhin  20

Haarahitunen   14

9 Iwema  14

10 Saidullin  13

11  Hutla  10

12 Ledstrom  10

13 Zorn  9

14 Mayerbuchler  8

15 Toloknov  6

16 Ala- Riihimaki 5

17 Koivula 2

Edited by racers and royals

Information about Ivan Khuzhin, injured yesterday, directly from Anton Terebenin who supplied the live links on both days:

"Vanya Khuzhin was seriously injured in the race yesterday.
He's in intensive care now....

He had an operation. The operation ended successfully. Vanya lost a lot of blood. He remains in the ICU for the time being. Unconscious. 
Now everything depends on him...
We believe in you, Vanya! You're strong, get well soon, our friend!"

Is it just me or was there more big crashes during the weekend than normal?

Information about Nikita Toloknov, again from Anton Terebenin:

"Nikita has a shattered foot. The doctors operated and did everything they could to save it.
Nikita is now in a regular ward. It will take a very long time to recover."

Patrick Fiecker wrote this. Not too good, but at least they can be on the way to recovery now. I will let you translate it

Also.... Mich haben aus Russland diese Infos erreicht... Toloknov hat ein ziemlich zerfetzen Fuß und ihm mussten 2 Zehen amputiert werden. Kuzhin hat es eine Arterie aufgerissen bei der es infolge von 3 l Blutverlust zu einem Herzstillstand kam. Beide wurden aber erfolgreich operiert und es geht ihnen den umständen entsprechend gut.

13 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Patrick Fiecker wrote this. Not too good, but at least they can be on the way to recovery now. I will let you translate it

Also.... Mich haben aus Russland diese Infos erreicht... Toloknov hat ein ziemlich zerfetzen Fuß und ihm mussten 2 Zehen amputiert werden. Kuzhin hat es eine Arterie aufgerissen bei der es infolge von 3 l Blutverlust zu einem Herzstillstand kam. Beide wurden aber erfolgreich operiert und es geht ihnen den umständen entsprechend gut.

My schoolboy German can decipher some but not enough 

5 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Is it just me or was there more big crashes during the weekend than normal?

For sure the blood on the ice is not something we see very often (twice last weekend).