British Speedway Forum
GARY POPPS

Ice Speedway 2022

On 12/21/2021 at 2:06 PM, iris123 said:

Agree totally. I always remember one Russian Final when he was almost lying on the track with his bike, but managed to control it and carry on. One of the most amazing pieces of riding i have ever seen

Didn't you get a photo of him at Inzell riding inside the blue line on the edge of the track like a wall of death rider? Or was that Lars?

I know I got it but I remember saying that mine wasn't as good as yours as you had the better angle on it. 

1 hour ago, Conkers said:

Didn't you get a photo of him at Inzell riding inside the blue line on the edge of the track like a wall of death rider? Or was that Lars?

I know I got it but I remember saying that mine wasn't as good as yours as you had the better angle on it. 

Tbh i don't recall ever getting a better photo than you, mate :(

RUSSIAN FINAL DAY 1
TOGLIATTI, TUESDAY DECEMBER 28

Nikita Bogdanov 15
Dmitri Khomitsevich 13
Dmitri Solyannikov 13
Daniil Ivanov 11
Igor Kononov 11
Nikita Toloknov 10
Dmitri Koltakov 9
Vasilli Nesytykh 8
Ivan Khuzhin 7
Igor Saidullin 6
Nikita Tarasov 5
Eduard Krysov 5
Vladimir Fadeev 3
Ivan Bolshakov 2
Artyom Burmistrov 1
Dmitri Bulankin 0
Matvey Volkov (res) 0
Alexei Kolganov (Res) 0

Nikita Bogdanov untouchable today, with a max. Ivanov had a fall in his final heat, whilst a third for Khomitsevich behind Ivanov and Solyannikov. Koltakov doesn't look his former self, and appears to be struggling a bit. 

Day 2 Tomorrow at 3pm UK Time

Some decent racing and a crowd Tooting and Mitcham would be ashamed of

Just seen some of day1 of the Russian championship, bored with the racing, not many spectators. I couldn’t see myself spending good money to freeze to death an see boring racing. Can’t see the point.

Looks like Daniil Ivanov will miss todays racing, he's posted a story pic on his Instagram page of him in hospital, saying he'll be missing today, and he has another scar! 

Racing starts at 3pm GMT again on the Mega Lada Live You Tube channel. https://www.youtube.com/c/MegaLadaLive

16 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Just seen some of day1 of the Russian championship, bored with the racing, not many spectators. I couldn’t see myself spending good money to freeze to death an see boring racing. Can’t see the point.

Think it is a matter of taste and not having a favourite etc. I understand your point of view, but actually thought some of the racing yesterday was pretty decent. I am not one who thinks everything is great, and will say so if it isn't

RUSSIAN FINAL DAY 2
TOGLIATTI, WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 29

Dmitri Khomitsevich 26 (13+13)
Dmitri Solyannikov 25 (13+12)
Nikita Bogdanov 24 (15+9)
Dmitri Koltakov 23 (9+14)
Nikita Toloknov 19 (10+9)
Igor Kononov 19 (11+8)
Vasilli Nesytykh 18 (8+10)
Ivan Khuzhin 15 (7+8)
Eduard Krysov 13 (5+8)
Nikita Tarasov 12 (5+7)
Igor Saidullin 12 (6+6)
Daniil Ivanov 11 (11+DNR)
Vladimir Fadeev 8 (3+5)
Artyom Burmistrov 5 (1+4)
Ivan Bolshakov 5 (2+3)
Matvey Volkov (res) 3 (0+3)
Alexei Kolganov (Res) 0 (0+0)
Dmitri Bulankin 0 (0+DNR)

Shame for Bogdanov, only had to win his final heat to win the meeting and fell against three riders who weren't in contention. Dima K a worthy winner, but Koltakov was a diffreent rider today, dropping his only point to Bogdanov. Hopefully Ivanov will be fit for the next round but it appears he had to have an operation after his fall yesterday.

Final 2 is at Kamensk Ural on January 5/6 

Start list for Individual Ice Championship of Russia Stage 2, Wednesday/Thursday 5th/6th January from Kamensk Uralsky- start time 7am UK time

Should be live on you tube link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2sEVlEkqNlPwRXO-ybelA?app=desktop&fbclid=IwAR0J8J6Tvbf5sYtqguoaQvu110FULItAJOEizjtnqsVO33GDZ9uSpuBl7hE

1. Dmitry Koltakov (Kamensk-Uralsky) -23
2. Ivan Khuzhin (Togliatti) -15
3. Alexey Kolganov -0
4 Ivan Bolshakov (Irkutsk) -5.
5. Vasily Nesytykh (Ufa) -18.
6. Nikita Bogdanov (Ufa) -24
7. Dmitry Khomitsevich (Kamensk-Uralsky) -26
8. Nikita Toloknov (Togliatti) -19
9. Igor Saidullin (Togliatti) -12
10. Vladimir Fadeev (Kamensk-Uralsky) -8
11. Dmitry Solyannikov -25
12 Artyom Burmistrov (Shadrinsk) -5.
13 Eduard Krysov (Moscow) -13.
14. Igor Kononov (Togliatti) -19.
15. Matvey Volkov (Shadrinsk) -3.
16. Nikita Tarasov (Ufa) -12
Reserve places:
17-18. Savely Vedyanov (Kamensk-Uralsky) -0
17-18. Evgeny Sharov (Ufa) -0
Edited by racers and royals

5 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Is there any ice speedway racing taking place in Sweden or Finland ?

Sweden's teams and schedule is at the bottom of this article : (first meeting 06.01)

https://www.speedwaynews.pl/aktualnosci/item/76567-szwedzkie-druzyny-zaprezentowaly-pelne-sklady-na-sezon-2022?fbclid=IwAR2K91-HNGMElYn3bzA06t47KE5i-ltUoH4u7uIkcRexuxtQzXJBX_IuCpA

I saw something about Finland last week, if I re-find it I'll post it too. 

• Like 1