British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

5 of those riders already ride for premiership teams.

Apologies I didnt realise Speedway riders don't move from club to club :unsure:

Can we have Sam Masters?

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

There are enough riders either currently available or those that may  come back to run an 8 side premiership with two rising stars at reserve.

Glasgow for example could run a top 5 of Cook, Nicol, Rasmus Jensen, Musielak, Sam Jensen plus 2 x Rising Stars, that team would be competitive 

Poole could come back up with Ellis, Basso, S. Worrall, Covatti, Kurtz, Hume & Shanes again quite competitive

Doyle would be affordable to Witches the offer made to Crump was quite a lucrative one!

As much as I would love to keep Steve Worrall at Poole if we moved back up, I am sure he would choose BV over us. But maybe they could keep Brady as an exchange? :unsure:

11 minutes ago, Badge said:

Can we have Sam Masters?

With Rory Schlein retiring I'd assume Masters will stay at Wolves 

4 minutes ago, noaksey said:

With Rory Schlein retiring I'd assume Masters will stay at Wolves 

Yes I realise that, it's just wishful thinking on my part. 

• Like 1

There are enough riders either currently available or those that may  come back to run an 8 side premiership with two rising stars at reserve.

Glasgow for example could run a top 5 of Cook, Nicol, Rasmus Jensen, Musielak, Sam Jensen plus 2 x Rising Stars, that team would be competitive 

Poole could come back up with Ellis, Basso, S. Worrall, Covatti, Kurtz, Hume & Shanes again quite competitive

Doyle would be affordable to Witches the offer made to Crump was quite a lucrative one!

Maybe you should listen to Glasgow's Facena podcast, Plymouth's Garry May interview and note Kings Lynn's 2022 signings already. Plus Poole won't go back to Premiership if Mon/Thurs fixed nights are still insisted upon.

Also lets not forget the Eurosport contract that presumably insists on a 'senior' league? 

Edited by Skidder1

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe you should listen to Glasgow's Facena podcast, Plymouth's Garry May interview and note Kings Lynn's 2022 signings already. Plus Poole won't go back to Premiership if Mon/Thurs fixed nights are still insisted upon.

Also lets not forget the Eurosport contract that presumably insists on a 'senior' league? 

Is there a link to any of these, fancy a good read/listen 

Apologies I didnt realise Speedway riders don't move from club to club :unsure:

Yes but you were using this as an example of how there is enough riders to have 8 competitive teams yet your taking 5 riders who ride elsewhere.  So where for instance do belle vue get riders to replace kurtz and Worrall?

14 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Yes but you were using this as an example of how there is enough riders to have 8 competitive teams yet your taking 5 riders who ride elsewhere.  So where for instance do belle vue get riders to replace kurtz and Worrall?

All theory anyway as if Poole won't go up unless they can have Weds, which they can't get cos Denmark protected that night before we could.

Well I hope there is more than 6 teams next year,, because that was pathetic,,, having said that,, it means Ipswich won't finish any lower than 6th

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

All theory anyway as if Poole won't go up unless they can have Weds, which they can't get cos Denmark protected that night before we could.

They've been Weds night for forever ....

1 minute ago, Trees said:

They've been Weds night for forever ....

Yes but only recently had it as a protected race night. Unless they have given that up now? From what I gather Poole don't get the numbers on Thurs/Mon like they do on a Weds. Not sure what other clubs in prem are like? Fine for BV, Ipswich and Wolves I guess as can stick to their favoured race night. 

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Well I hope there is more than 6 teams next year,, because that was pathetic,,, having said that,, it means Ipswich won't finish any lower than 6th

With Swindon and one other team like Kent? If they can make Mon work. Seems doable.