British Speedway Forum

14 hours ago, ADRIAN said:

no to heeps from me

12 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I will take Starke and King,,, Rowe as an RS, the rest can do one.  

Doyle and King is a great spearhead, although little to no improvement in their current average. So that’s where the likes of Riss and Heeps come in. First reaction is to say no because they’ve both had poor years (Heeps worse than poor, he’s been absolutely dreadful), but the perverse way speedway works make them ideal signings. 

Riss on 5.26 looks very good value, he dropped around a point and a half on his starting average and looks a good bet on his current figure. He’s better than 5.26. 

Heeps is a bit more tricky to work out, what on earth happened to him this year? He was mostly pants in the championship too. The question is, is it a permanent slide in to oblivion, or just a really bad year that he’ll put right next season and put a point and a half back on to his average and get back to being a solid mid 6 pointer? One thing you could nearly always guarantee with Heeps, was that his Foxhall form was good, and he was probably the most entertaining rider we had on home soil. But even that deserted him this year before he was axed. He’s never been particularly good away. Risky. 

Starke? Never fault him for effort, but I don’t see much if any improvement there average wise especially if he’s going to be in the main body. 

Not sure on Rowe either. Started like a train but tailed off pretty quickly and rather alarmingly. Injuries didn’t help of course so perhaps we have to factor that in. 

Whoever makes up the other 5, we’re gonna have a bit of a tail with Doyle and King up top. King deserves his place, had a very consistent season in both leagues, but his average now of just shy of 8 looks pretty off putting really. 

Maybe Doyle has gone elsewhere :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Doyle and King is a great spearhead, although little to no improvement in their current average. So that’s where the likes of Riss and Heeps come in. First reaction is to say no because they’ve both had poor years (Heeps worse than poor, he’s been absolutely dreadful), but the perverse way speedway works make them ideal signings. 

Riss on 5.26 looks very good value, he dropped around a point and a half on his starting average and looks a good bet on his current figure. He’s better than 5.26. 

Heeps is a bit more tricky to work out, what on earth happened to him this year? He was mostly pants in the championship too. The question is, is it a permanent slide in to oblivion, or just a really bad year that he’ll put right next season and put a point and a half back on to his average and get back to being a solid mid 6 pointer? One thing you could nearly always guarantee with Heeps, was that his Foxhall form was good, and he was probably the most entertaining rider we had on home soil. But even that deserted him this year before he was axed. He’s never been particularly good away. Risky. 

Starke? Never fault him for effort, but I don’t see much if any improvement there average wise especially if he’s going to be in the main body. 

Not sure on Rowe either. Started like a train but tailed off pretty quickly and rather alarmingly. Injuries didn’t help of course so perhaps we have to factor that in. 

Whoever makes up the other 5, we’re gonna have a bit of a tail with Doyle and King up top. King deserves his place, had a very consistent season in both leagues, but his average now of just shy of 8 looks pretty off putting really. 

Maybe Doyle has gone elsewhere :D

He hasn't

I think you will look like this 

Doyle

King

Riss

Starke

Heeps

Rowe

Kemp

30 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Doyle

King

Riss

Starke

Heeps

Rowe

Kemp

Well that's last place in the bag

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wonder if Crump has knocked it on the head again then, or gone elsewhere

He fits at reserve for Dad's Army

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Well that's last place in the bag

How can you possibly say that without seeing the other teams? I'd say there is all sorts of room for improvement in that team. 

Just now, Bagpuss said:

How can you possibly say that without seeing the other teams? I'd say there is all sorts of room for improvement in that team. 

You can say what you like,,,, just like me,,, and my opinion is,, it's poor. 

17 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

You can say what you like,,,, just like me,,, and my opinion is,, it's poor. 

Back it up then, give us some reasoning and evidence. Otherwise it's just curmudgeonly moaning and groaning. 

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Back it up then, give us some reasoning and evidence. Otherwise it's just curmudgeonly moaning and groaning. 

Back it up,,,,, who are you? My mother. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'll back it up, its almost 2 points below the team building average and that is before any british reductions if thats still a thing.

Too many risks in that side,  Starke is not going to improve and really only done well last season when at Reserve, Rowe the same he can improve though but only really done well at reserve then got injured so do expect more, Heeps you don't know what you're getting and is a huge risk based on not only his prem form last season but his championship form, if his championship average was high then its less of a risk but he plummetted badly last season,   so straight away you have 3 riders there who would benefit from being at reserve alongside kemp.

Then you have Riss, yes he apparantly had personal issues last season which will affect anyone but his prem form was alarming however his championship form was fairly decent so less of a risk but still a part risk alongside another 3 risks, then add into that the home form of Drew who does make up for it on away tracks, you could end up with the top two scoring double figures and which ever rider is at 6/7 alongside drew then minimal scores from the other 4

The team I posted on the Witches forum today is what I would like to see

Doyle
Rowe
Musielak
Crump
King
Basso
Kemp

3 proper heat leaders at this level, one that can improve his starting average, two who should be able to maintain theirs.

Backed up by an experienced Jason Crump riding at 4, whom if could get fit for the new season could improve, I would expect Jason to average 6/6.5 at most meetings!

Then you have 3 young guns in Rowe, Basso, Kemp...  where you would see Basso/Rowe most likely alternate at the reserve berth throughout the season

going back to the other team at the top, with taking risks, when you have to then change the line up further down the line most of the low-risk options have already been taken by other clubs

Genuine question is the beef between the Ippo promotion and Kennett? Yes he was a bit pants last year (still better than Heeps) but he is a Foxhole master and yet year on year seems to get over looked for a Witches team place? I would have thought a strong home side that can pick up pieces on the road was a better way to build?

13 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Doyle

King

Riss

Starke

Heeps

Rowe

Kemp

Has to be better to have Rowe as the RS and Drew at 6 - gives an additional 1.5 to strengthen the top 5

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

The team I posted on the Witches forum today is what I would like to see

Doyle
Rowe
Musielak
Crump
King
Basso
Kemp

Musielak looking further north. About 180 miles further…….