British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I can't believe people are asking why not Musielek, how many times in the past have we had problems with poles missing meetings or not putting the effort in

Pretty sure I heard people around Swindon saying that before he arrived.

And another potential problem with riders flying in and out of the country is bloody Covid restrictions. 

As things stand atm no rider will be able to fly in on the day of the meeting due to having to self isolate until they get a pcr test result. Going to cause huge problems unless it changes again. 

Having riders based in the UK has to be safe way to go I would have thought?

As those in charge of the country make the rules up day by day no-one knows what it will be like come April

• Like 1

For me this team lives and dies along with Chris and Richie on the "improvers" in the engine room, Riss, Batchelor, and Heeps. The top two Doyle and King, you know what you're going to get, Starke and Rowe, as long as Rowe has spent winter getting his knee sorted should be decent enough, If Anders tries to ride injured like last year it'll go downhill fast.

The "three" are the make or break. Riss had a bad year, has in the past been a classy rider and has won things eg PLRC Long track etc. Batchelor had a bad year but in the past has been a classy rider, won things, GP Rider etc. For me Heeps is the worry. Signed on sentiment?  or caddying abilities? His premiership average is higher than his championship average so even at the end of last year in the championship he was struggling. If it's all down to his shoulder I hope it's fixed. You would like to think that he's got improvement, but it's a hell of a gamble after releasing him last year yet since then he's done nothing to warrant a return. I think it was a massive call

The one good thing you can guarantee is if anyone is underperforming Doyle won't be shy in telling them.

Edited by wtf

4 minutes ago, wtf said:

For me this team lives and dies along with Chris and Richie on the "improvers" in the engine room, Riss, Batchelor, and Heeps. The top two Doyle and King, you know what you're going to get, Starke and Rowe, as long as Rowe has spent winter getting his knee sorted should be decent enough, If Anders tries to ride injured like last year it'll go downhill fast.

The "three" are the make or break. Riss had a bad year, has in the past been a classy rider and has won things eg PLRC Long track etc. Batchelor had a bad year but in the past has been a classy rider, won things, GP Rider etc. For me Heeps is the worry. Signed on sentiment?  or caddying abilities? His premiership average is higher than his championship average so even at the end of last year in the championship he was struggling. If it's all down to his shoulder I hope it's fixed. You would like to think that he's got improvement, but it's a hell of a gamble after releasing him last year yet since then he's done nothing to warrant a return. I think it was a massive call

His golf swing suggests there is absolutely nothing wrong with his shoulder…

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, stu219 said:

And another potential problem with riders flying in and out of the country is bloody Covid restrictions. 

As things stand atm no rider will be able to fly in on the day of the meeting due to having to self isolate until they get a pcr test result. Going to cause huge problems unless it changes again. 

As those in charge of the country make the rules up day by day no-one knows what it will be like come April

Not sure it'll be as much of a problem in April/May as it is now though. 

(He says in hope...)

Just a theory:   Is it possible Ipswich have been told by the BSPL that if you want to class Anders Rowe as your RS,  that you have to subtract 1.5 from the team limit of 39 due to him obtaining an offical premiership average this season ,was this a compromise for an agreement to be made ,  ?

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I'd rather take a gamble on Cook,, any day of the week 

Agree Cook will probably average 7.00 as a minimum for Sheffield probably more like 7.5 plus , also Sheffield have a strong top five who. can all pull their weight.

11 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Yes I've been invited on many occasions :t:

I dare say the price will be going up another pound next season.  I see if you get a season ticket,,, it's another 25 for a seat. 

It used to be if you wanted to reserve that seat for the season, if not it's free to sit in the grandstand. Unless it's changed

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Just a theory:   Is it possible Ipswich have been told by the BSPL that if you want to class Anders Rowe as your RS,  that you have to subtract 1.5 from the team limit of 39 due to him obtaining an offical premiership average this season ,was this a compromise for an agreement to be made ,  ?

I'll say no, as Josh Bates with a 5 point Prem average used up the same points as Jordan Palin who had never ridden!

14 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Costs about £19 less than the speedway too :)

Might hsve to put membership prices up for 2022...

:cheers:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, stu219 said:

There are exemptions in place for professional sportspeople, so the same rules will not apply to travel.

8 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I can't believe people are asking why not Musielek, how many times in the past have we had problems with poles missing meetings or not putting the effort in

Tobi turned up every week at Swindon and was 100% committed at all times. Sheffield got themselves a diamond.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndyPresley said:

There are exemptions in place for professional sportspeople, so the same rules will not apply to travel.

Ah OK had not realised that. makes you wonder though why one rule for some and another for us plebs?

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Tobi turned up every week at Swindon and was 100% committed at all times. Sheffield got themselves a diamond.

Don't say that,,, it goes against the agenda

Or just perhaps Tobi wanted to ride at Sheffield ;)