British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, TheOpinion said:

Not sure it'll be as much of a problem in April/May as it is now though. 

(He says in hope...)

yes hopefully but then who would have thought we would still be in this crap now? 

26 minutes ago, Badge said:

Or just perhaps Tobi wanted to ride at Sheffield ;)

He probably did,,, all I was questioning is,,, I wonder if we contacted him,, or someone like that,,, if we hadn't,,, then he was never a possible.  Or was it more a case of those  few will do, 

Edited by Baldyman

https://fb.me/e/4wvdKOpUO?ti=icl

Details
This full evening at the Kesgrave Social Club will include:
* Supporters' Club AGM
* Q&A with the Ipswich Witches promotion
* Mini quiz (time permitting).

There will also be a Christmas raffle too.

Everyone - members and non-members are welcome and this is your opportunity to quiz the club management about 2022 team building etc.

In addition to the quiz you can purchase your copy of the 2022 Ipswich Speedway Supporters' Club calendar (subject to availability).

Start time is 7.30pm and the venue is Kesgrave Social Club, Edmonton Road, Kesgrave. Hope to see you there!

Edited by Tom Thumb

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

He probably did,,, all I was questioning is,,, I wonder if we contacted him,, or someone like that,,, if we hadn't,,, then he was never a possible.  Or was it more a case of those  few will do, 

I wonder if everyone assuming the deal with Batch was made to replace the expected signing of Buckowski is actually wrong

Perhaps he was always going to be here and when the Buzz deal fell through it was Starke drafted back in - rather like Jake for Klindt last season...

Would make more sense given how far we are under the limit

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 6:47 AM, Fozzie4388 said:

Danyon Hume Number 8

Gone under the radar a bit this. Don’t think you’ll see many better number 8’s if any. 

• Like 1

I think Ipswich have a good team for next season - Batchelor excepted.  I've never like riders who give up if they haven't gated in front, this is why I also dislike Cook as well.  I've always liked Heeps, a trier and able to pass people and Doyle & King make a solid top two.

• Like 2

Anyone know the rules regarding the number 8’s? Are they simply drafted in to cover absent riders, or do they travel to every meeting as part of the squad and can be used to replace misfiring riders at will?

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Anyone know the rules regarding the number 8’s? Are they simply drafted in to cover absent riders, or do they travel to every meeting as part of the squad and can be used to replace misfiring riders at will?

Clear as mud at the moment...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think they can replace any rider at any time, just like in Poland. 

So if you know your number 8 goes well at certain tracks,,, you are on to a winner,, and I think we may have pulled a masterstroke with Hume.  Not sure if it's replacing the IRR though. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I think they can replace any rider at any time, just like in Poland. 

So if you know your number 8 goes well at certain tracks,,, you are on to a winner,, and I think we may have pulled a masterstroke with Hume.  Not sure if it's replacing the IRR though. 

Whereas I read it as they could be named in the team in place of any rider in the same way as being a squad member but not replace someone during the meeting on an ad hoc basis

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Whereas I read it as they could be named in the team in place of any rider in the same way as being a squad member but not replace someone during the meeting on an ad hoc basis

Even in place of the rising star? Hume is arguably a stronger rider currently than Rowe, not even sure if Hume was on the rising star list? Surely clubs can’t replace their RS for meetings with their number 8’s..

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Even in place of the rising star? Hume is arguably a stronger rider currently than Rowe, not even sure if Hume was on the rising star list? Surely clubs can’t replace their RS for meetings with their number 8’s..

I thought that was actually the main reason! Therefore avoiding the farcical guest position ala Bates last year

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 9:39 AM, SPEEDY69 said:

I think Ipswich have a good team for next season - Batchelor excepted.  I've never like riders who give up if they haven't gated in front, this is why I also dislike Cook as well.  I've always liked Heeps, a trier and able to pass people and Doyle & King make a solid top two.

I agree with you  regarding Cook & Batchelor, Cook did that too many times for us last season, don't like riders who pull off the track whilst at the back & their engines are still running. Not sure about Heeps, he has been given too many chances already.

Won't the number 8 be part of the junior team after the main meeting, so will be at the meetings anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bash said:

Won't the number 8 be part of the junior team after the main meeting, so will be at the meetings anyway.

I admire your faith and optimism.....