British Speedway Forum

On 12/24/2021 at 7:21 PM, Diamonds85 said:

I'd put Erik at number 2 tbh. And I'd normally put the stronger reserve at 7, but in this case, Anders doesn't have enough experience at 6, but could be a very strong number 7. And I think Paul Stark will do ok at 6.

1. Jason Doyle

2. Erik Riss

3. Tory Batchelor

4. Cameron Heeps

5. Danny King

6. Paul Starke

7. Anders Rowe

I'd put Batchelor at No2. 

Batchelor is very unreliable but has always done well alongside Doyle. 

There's absolutely no way you can have the engine room No3/4 as Batchelor & Heeps, an absolute disaster waiting to happen

This team could finish top or bottom.....Doyle, King and Starke are the only three who you know what you are going to get from. The others could all perform like last year and it's a terrible season, or they could all raise their game to a level they have reached before or near to it and the Witches could be serious challengers. 

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If true, what about Wolves having 2 x RS?

Also even if the RS has to ride at 7, what's to stop the team manager swapping them round during the match?

Hans could ride at reserve just not number 7 

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'd put Batchelor at No2. 

Batchelor is very unreliable but has always done well alongside Doyle. 

There's absolutely no way you can have the engine room No3/4 as Batchelor & Heeps, an absolute disaster waiting to happen

No need to guess who Tory Batchelor votes for! 

32 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

This team could finish top or bottom.....Doyle, King and Starke are the only three who you know what you are going to get from. The others could all perform like last year and it's a terrible season, or they could all raise their game to a level they have reached before or near to it and the Witches could be serious challengers. 

Probably nearer bottom is my guess but the point is why build the team so far under the limit, makes no sense. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Probably nearer bottom is my guess but the point is why build the team so far under the limit, makes no sense. 

To use the riders you want and not just someone who fits? There's always options during the season anyway, as u know ...

1 hour ago, Trees said:

To use the riders you want and not just someone who fits? There's always options during the season anyway, as u know ...

Not even if the rider who fits is obviously much better,during the season could be too late, rider averages may have gone up in the team. 

Edited by foreverblue

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Can't see Ipswich anywhere near the top, at the moment they look a very weak team. If Batchelor, Riss & Heeps improve I'd say it's possible they could make the top 4, but not finish top.

• Like 1

Got to say as a Kent Kings supporter last season..... surprised that Heeps is being offered a place in a Premiership side - he would struggle at reserve IMO.  Batch was a good heat leader at Kent in the CL   - but failed to deliver all season for Sheffield in the Premiership.  

Unlike others I don’t have a problem with Heeps, I like watching him. I’ve more of a problem with Starke. Nothing personal as he comes across as a lovely lad, but unlike Heeps I don’t find him the least bit entertaining and he’s never going to get any better than he is now. 

Ok, some say the same about Heeps where improvement is concerned, but at least Heeps is a racer and entertains. Using the points available and getting a rider above Heeps’ 5 point average thus getting him down at reserve, was the way to go IMO. 

I also still believe there’s a point increase in Cam’s average. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Unlike others I don’t have a problem with Heeps, I like watching him. I’ve more of a problem with Starke. Nothing personal as he comes across as a lovely lad, but unlike Heeps I don’t find him the least bit entertaining and he’s never going to get any better than he is now. 

Ok, some say the same about Heeps where improvement is concerned, but at least Heeps is a racer and entertains. Using the points available and getting a rider above Heeps’ 5 point average thus getting him down at reserve, was the way to go IMO. 

I also still believe there’s a point increase in Cam’s average. 

I like Starke and do find him entertaining but I’d swap him and use the 1.88 points left over for a 6 pointer which would put heeps at reserve 

that would change the team from a decent team to a championship winning team. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

that would change the team from a decent team to a championship winning team. 

Pity we need to win the Premiership....:t:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Pity we need to win the Premiership....:t:

Easy mistake to make as both so similar...:D