British Speedway Forum

13 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Fopr me, Allen doesn't have the right technique to become a higher level rider.  Sits on the seat too much backing it into a corner.  Will be ok as a league rider though, particularly on the easier bigger tracks.

Really ? The  technique has won many finals all round the globe and has improved every year in uk , one of the liveliest riders to watch on a bike . A rider doesn’t loose his technique in the premier league and get it back in  the championship in same week,I would have a close look at management as they are not there too eat, seems to me the witches  fail as a team regular home and away,no rider wants 0 points as that is 0 dollars Comments like ‘easier bigger tracks’ makes me aware that you have no idea of racing speedway for a living

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Really ? The  technique has won many finals all round the globe and has improved every year in uk , one of the liveliest riders to watch on a bike . A rider doesn’t loose his technique in the premier league and get it back in  the championship in same week,I would have a close look at management as they are not there too eat, seems to me the witches  fail as a team regular home and away, no rider wants 0 points as that is 0 dollars. Comments like ‘easier bigger tracks’ makes me aware that you have no idea of racing speedway for a living.

Not sure of "many finals" that Allen has won "around the globe" ... a State Championship was a good achievement.

Last season he definitely struggled with Foxhall, which, despite the many changes, is still more technical than others of a similar white line size - namely Scunthorpe and Redcar.  I believe that Ipswich and Scunthorpe are both officially 285 metres, while Redcar is a bit shorter at 271.  However, I don't think Foxhall is as wide as either of those, although I'm struggling to find the actual data.

No direct criticism of Allen - he's clearly a competitive rider when he's happy and confident.

I definitely agree that the Ipswich management have been lacking for a long time in producing an overall team that has a killer instinct - they produce teams that keep the majority of home fans happy because they are full of nice blokes who try hard - but ultimately don't achieve a great deal.

Edited by Roger Jacobs

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Not sure of "many finals" that Allen has won "around the globe" ... a State Championship was a good achievement.

Last season he definitely struggled with Foxhall, which, despite the many changes, is still more technical than others of a similar white line size - namely Scunthorpe and Redcar.  I believe that Ipswich and Scunthorpe are both officially 285 metres, while Redcar is a bit shorter at 271.  However, I don't think Foxhall is as wide as either of those, although I'm struggling to find the actual data.

No direct criticism of Allen - he's clearly a competitive rider when he's happy and confident.

I definitely agree that the Ipswich management have been lacking for a long time in producing an overall team that has a killer instinct - they produce teams that keep the majority of home fans happy because they are full of nice blokes who try hard - but ultimately don't achieve a great deal.

In the corners I would say Foxhall is wider than those 2 tracks,,, what it doesn't have is the amount of banking that they do,,, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

In the corners I would say Foxhall is wider than those 2 tracks,,, what it doesn't have is the amount of banking that they do,,, 

Something about the foxhole last year ,clearly no advantage to home riders as of past years, most meets were inconsistent results(exception king ) king definitely had a buffer  with some setup ,engine or frame

13 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Something about the foxhole last year ,clearly no advantage to home riders as of past years, most meets were inconsistent results(exception king ) king definitely had a buffer  with some setup ,engine or frame

If you watch King at Foxhall,, he rides a different line into the bends,, he turns in metres later.,,, also when on his best form Heeps does the same.  Last year Allen was going into bends,, over locking trying to keep it tight,,, thats how it looked anyway. 

Up in back straight stand you can see the different lines the riders take,,, maybe a few of them should go up there and watch where Danny turns,,, as its definatley the fastest way round Foxhall after a couple of races 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Impossible to argue with that. We haven’t won anything for many many years now, so the team building has been a failure. Louis has to accept that. 

Even dropping a division and arguably having a bigger budget than most if not all, didn’t change that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

If you watch King at Foxhall,, he rides a different line into the bends,, he turns in metres later.,,, also when on his best form Heeps does the same.  Last year Allen was going into bends,, over locking trying to keep it tight,,, thats how it looked anyway. 

Up in back straight stand you can see the different lines the riders take,,, maybe a few of them should go up there and watch where Danny turns,,, as its definatley the fastest way round Foxhall after a couple of races 

Remember several seasons ago bomber was interviewed after a race he’d just come second to Danny and said he was watching Danny trying pick up the lines as he’s so good round ipswich… not sure he learned a lot based on subsequent performances for/against us at Foxhall but for sure other riders take note of how Danny rides Foxhall no doubt, jake didn’t look like he had the confidence to go out in the dirt at any point last season tho did he

12 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Remember several seasons ago bomber was interviewed after a race he’d just come second to Danny and said he was watching Danny trying pick up the lines as he’s so good round ipswich… not sure he learned a lot based on subsequent performances for/against us at Foxhall but for sure other riders take note of how Danny rides Foxhall no doubt, jake didn’t look like he had the confidence to go out in the dirt at any point last season tho did he

If king adds to his average, I’ll be surprised

23 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

King needs to improve in Heat 13 & 15 if he wants to up his average.

• 2021 Home average: 8.45  Average in Heats 13 & 15: 6.86
  • 2021 Away average: 7.48  Average in Heats 13 & 15: 6.15
  • Like 1

I can't see Danny's average going up because Doyle will take points from Danny,,, and the team standards are a bit better. He won't drop much either. 

On 1/5/2022 at 10:57 AM, Spiderman1 said:

Where did I make any suggestion of king upping his average??

The whole team need to up their averages by a combined 2.10 points to even get to the other teams starting average..... :blink:

• Like 2

Even if Doyle isn't his once dominant self, he should still ease to an 8.5 average in this league at least. Also, you know that he will never give anything other than 100 percent.

• Like 1