British Speedway Forum

23 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

King needs to improve in Heat 13 & 15 if he wants to up his average.

• 2021 Home average: 8.45  Average in Heats 13 & 15: 6.86
  • 2021 Away average: 7.48  Average in Heats 13 & 15: 6.15

I'd have thought that's the case for most riders. Heats 13 and 15 do tend to be the harder ones

23 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Out of interest what was the heat 13 and 15 averages of the other number 1s in league. Then we can see how he compared 

Aa Danny only rode at number 1 in September, (2 meetings) wouldn't a better comparison be to other number 5's?

17 hours ago, Pinny said:

Even if Doyle isn't his once dominant self, he should still ease to an 8.5 average in this league at least. Also, you know that he will never give anything other than 100 percent.

He wouldn’t want it any higher as that is likely to put him out of consideration in future years.  Swindon took a hit a few years ago when they applied a multiplier and he had a ridiculous 11+ average!!

What any good rider will do is ensure he has a good haul of bonus points where they can as this will keep their averages at a level that will keep them employable.

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

He wouldn’t want it any higher as that is likely to put him out of consideration in future years.  Swindon took a hit a few years ago when they applied a multiplier and he had a ridiculous 11+ average!!

What any good rider will do is ensure he has a good haul of bonus points where they can as this will keep their averages at a level that will keep them employable.

True . Out of all declared riders so far thought, Doyle would be my number one choice. 

Full of effort, entertaining , points machine and actually enjoys riding in the UK. Loved him in his half season at Newport. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

With the rumour mill suggesting a UK return for Woffinden shame we didn't dig deep and make him a offer in place of Batchelor :D

The thing is,  we don't know that they didn't :wink::lol:

1 hour ago, Badge said:

The thing is,  we don't know that they didn't :wink::lol:

I think we probably do know though don't we 

14 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Out of interest what was the heat 13 and 15 averages of the other number 1s in league. Then we can see how he compared 

Baring N/F (none finishers) the average average excluding bonus points of the 4 riders in heat 13 and 15 or any speedway race is 6!

12 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I think we probably do know though don't we 

Indeed, hearing what Ipswich paid Crump last year I would think Tai phoned Louis first.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Indeed, hearing what Ipswich paid Crump last year I would think Tai phoned Louis first.

:D

On 1/8/2022 at 12:30 AM, Ghosty said:

Baring N/F (none finishers) the average average excluding bonus points of the 4 riders in heat 13 and 15 or any speedway race is 6!

Very good point, put 4 x 8/9 point riders in heat 13 & 15 and they will only score 12 points over 8 rides (6.00 ave) so King is bound to have a lower ave in these heats!

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2022 at 10:25 AM, Roger Jacobs said:

What would be the point in Danny King improving his average, he gets paid points coming second so no benefit money wise and it is usually of no benefit to improve your average much  with a view to the following season.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:45 AM, bigcatdiary said:

What did they pay Crump last year.

• Like 1