British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, TINYS said:

What did they pay Crump last year.

:rofl:

On 1/7/2022 at 1:02 PM, Siggytastic said:

Aa Danny only rode at number 1 in September, (2 meetings) wouldn't a better comparison be to other number 5's?

King still rode in most Heats 13 and 15.

I might take look at other riders ... be interesting to see how much difference there is in their own averages, in comparison to King.  At a guess, P'boro, despite being champs will have very strange figures - not sure how many times one of their reserves appeared in Heat 15!

EDIT: Just had a look - I'm not sure that P'boro used a reserve in Heat 15 at home - the team management was shrewd enough to utilise the in-form reserve in the heats, where they were most likely to have an impact, e.g. 8, 12 & 14.  Haven't looked at away matches yet.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
Updated info.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:25 AM, Falcon1983 said:

so the Witches could have gone with

1. Doyle
2. Allen
3. Musielak
4. Riss
5. Woffinden 
6. Heeps
7. Rowe R/S

They could but would have bankrupted the club!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stu219 said:

They could but would have bankrupted the club!

Very true that just seeing what an unlimited budget team could look like, the witches side I think will be top 2

3 hours ago, TINYS said:

What did they pay Crump last year.

a big guarantee

3 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

King still rode in most Heats 13 and 15.

I might take look at other riders ... be interesting to see how much difference there is in their own averages, in comparison to King.  At a guess, P'boro, despite being champs will have very strange figures - not sure how many times one of their reserves appeared in Heat 15!

EDIT: Just had a look - I'm not sure that P'boro used a reserve in Heat 15 at home - the team management was shrewd enough to utilise the in-form reserve in the heats, where they were most likely to have an impact, e.g. 8, 12 & 14.  Haven't looked at away matches yet.

Bjarne Pedersen was used in heat 15 of the Grand Final at Peterborough for sentiment reasons only ,  Hans Andersen & Ulrich Ostergaard had one heat 15 outing each whilst at reserve in the league matches  i believe , none away as far as i can see as you say Rob Lyon used the reserves away to great effect before ht15 came around 

• Like 1

.I tell ya what,,, with Belle Vue struggling to find decent riders and most of the other teams known,,, we suddenly don't look so bad, even under the limit as we are.  Only Sheffield look stronger to me,,, but even they have up and down riders. 

• Like 1

https://ipswichwitches.co/tru-mix-to-sponsor-ipswich-in-2022/

Guy Nicholls continuing to pump his money in. Interesting interview, even though I don’t agree with him on parts of it.

“I think it is our turn to win something. Dare I say it, but it is important to me personally as I’ve been going for years but as a business we don’t come second, we dominate every market we are in”.

Ouch. Well building a team a couple of points below the available limit certainly isn’t going to help your chances :rolleyes:

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Guy Nicholls continuing to pump his money in. Interesting interview, even though I don’t agree with him on parts of it.

“I think it is our turn to win something. Dare I say it, but it is important to me personally as I’ve been going for years but as a business we don’t come second, we dominate every market we are in”.

Ouch. Well building a team a couple of points below the available limit certainly isn’t going to help your chances :rolleyes:

He will be looking for a final lockout of Ipswich  vs Sheffield then.....

He has certainly assisted the Tigers in achieving their part with his backing enabling the building of the pre season favourites

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Who could they sign?

So many variables, e.g. availability, desire to ride in GB, and, of course, budget.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 10:02 AM, Baldyman said:

Sounds to me like,,,, start winning or I'm off

Surely if that was the case he would have gone years ago

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Surely if that was the case he would have gone years ago

Maybe,, but he also has Sheffield now,,, and they keep looking like winners. Maybe he just wants the extra TV advertising time that the play offs bring. 

23 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Fixtures released:

https://ipswichwitches.co/fixtures/

Interestingly, no dates for the play-offs - not shown on main list on BSPA website either …

Ipswich won't need them anyway:P

• Haha 4