British Speedway Forum

On 2/7/2022 at 10:16 AM, Falcon1983 said:

It's been going on for years

It’s been going on since the start

22 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Just seen it's £20 this year :blink:

Good job there's only 1 meeting at home in both March and April... 

One of the reasons I went so infrequently last season. 

Lynn was £20, they can't possibly put it up again for this season. 

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Covers the cost of the new super heat

No refund where its not used :D;)

• Haha 1

Makes the season ticket seem a bit better value at £205. Can afford to miss a couple and still be 15 quid better off. 

Where else will you get non stop entertainment from the minute you walk in to the minute you leave.  :D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Makes the season ticket seem a bit better value at £205. Can afford to miss a couple and still be 15 quid better off. 

Certainly does.  

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Or save £205 by not going at all.....:P

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

£20 that is madness! 

Diesel at £1.80 a ltr...

Council Tax up by 4%...

Gas and Electric between 50 to 100% increase on the year from April...

Inflation up 6%...

And NI Contribution up by 1.5% from this month.. 

A good time then to put an increase on your admission....?

Presume there must be a new leading link fork on the market that will make every rider who buys one a world champion...?  :rolleyes:

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Diesel at £1.80 a ltr...

Council Tax up by 4%...

Gas and Electric between 50 to 100% increase on the year from April...

Inflation up 6%...

And NI Contribution up by 1.5% from this month.. 

A good time then to put an increase on your admission....?

Presume there must be a new leading link fork on the market that will make every rider who buys one a world champion...?  :rolleyes:

What you have to remember Mike, is that the rises you mention affect everyone. That includes the business of running the stadium, and the riders. They, like you and I, will be paying the increases. So why should admission charges be held back? No price increase, track closes, cant pay the bills.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

What you have to remember Mike, is that the rises you mention affect everyone. That includes the business of running the stadium, and the riders. They, like you and I, will be paying the increases. So why should admission charges be held back? No price increase, track closes, cant pay the bills.

Granted..

But to expect your already under financial strain customers to part with more money is a huge risk...

Especially in a summer that will see millions fly out to the sunshine on holidays, doing something that they havent done for around two years, meaning many of your punters will have an added financial stretch, as well as not being around for a few meetings to come and pay you money...

Speedway will be very, very low down the priority listing I would think for many...

Still, hope springs eternal, and maybe Speedway's demographic of "middle aged +" will help it weather the following financial rubbish storm ahead..

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

Granted..

But to expect your already under financial strain customers to part with more money is a huge risk...

Especially in a summer that will see millions fly out to the sunshine on holidays, doing something that they havent done for around two years, meaning many of your punters will have an added financial stretch, as well as not being around for a few meetings to come and pay you money...

Speedway will be very, very low down the priority listing I would think for many...

Still, hope springs eternal, and maybe Speedway's demographic of "middle aged +" will help it weather the following financial rubbish storm ahead..

I am sure any one contemplating a foreign summer holiday are not going to cancel plans even if their local speedway reduces prices by £5. 
What speedway needs to do is stream, stream, stream. If someone feels they cannot afford getting to a stadium, plus pie and drink (though not really a necessity), as well entrance fee, but can afford £10-£12 for a stream. It’s got to be a way forward for speedway but how many tracks will do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Granted..

The issue really is value for money. Sadly at £20 it isn't any longer value for money. 

Something I never thought I'd say but pound for pound a match at Portman road offers far better VFM. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I am sure any one contemplating a foreign summer holiday are not going to cancel plans even if their local speedway reduces prices by £5. 
What speedway needs to do is stream, stream, stream. If someone feels they cannot afford getting to a stadium, plus pie and drink (though not really a necessity), as well entrance fee, but can afford £10-£12 for a stream. It’s got to be a way forward for speedway but how many tracks will do it.

My comment 'OFF' re holidays was more to do with the fact that a rather large chunk of disposable income will be swallowed up this year, unlike the last two, meaning Speedway may suffer off the back of it....

Maybe knocking a fiver off would be the answer and hope you bring a lot more people in? As the entertainment sector will be under pressure more than ever this year I would think..

Pipe dream I know...

When the utility bill rises hit, and if the fuel costs stay high, allied to the cost of living increases, and NI increases, I can really see major problems for the "entertainment sector" sadly...

My income alone will be hit by 4% Council Tax hike taking it to over £2k a year, an £1100 a year gas/electricity increase, a 1.5% increase in NI meaning a £1000 loss of net income, an estimated 6% increase in food costs, and four weeks ago I filled the car up and it cost me £70, this week it cost me £95...

Even my bloody internet is going up. Which fuel do BT use? :D

I would suggest Speedway needs to ensure they give a damn good value for money night out if they still want finance pressured patrons to attend...

Streaming "could help" but if all it does is have someone paying £12 to watch a stream, who would have paid £20 to attend, then it wont help at all..

It will be interesting to see who can be the most innovative in maintaining crowd levels this year, and who may even increase them when faced by great challenges...

Edited by mikebv