British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I don't see how you can argue that if you've actually read the regulation. [12.2] It states "A team's initial declaration ....

FACT Cameron Heeps is in Ipswich's initial declaration.

The section concludes with "...a transfer window opens after 25% of league matches ..."

FACT 25% of league matches have not yet been ridden - therefore transfer window has yet to open.

nb The 28 day nature of Allen's signing makes Zagar's position somewhat indeterminate from the regs as written. (Always a bad sign if you read the regs and still can't determine the correct outcome)

Personally I think it is a daft regulation and the BSPL should put their hands up and admit they made a mistake,  remove the regulation and allow team changes subject to the usual points limit/average restrictions.

Perfectly summed up really and I agree with your last point. Any changes still have to fall within the points limit anyway as always so not sure why they’ve brought this rule in in the first place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

No, the transfer window starts beginning of your league campaign. Belle Vue done nothing wrong. Ipswich done. Nothing wrong. 

You have to go and read the regs Phil.Clearly states you have to declare your 1-7 before the start of the official season,from this point no transfers can be made until 25% league matches are complete.

Pretty sure they will now make an amendment to the rules as 2 clubs have now broken them.Expect a supplementary reg to put in at some point this season,or maybe they will just let it wash over as usual.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

No, the transfer window starts beginning of your league campaign. Belle Vue done nothing wrong. Ipswich done. Nothing wrong. 

I'd say they've just ignored it as 3 teams needed to break it (granted Kings Lynn could argue long term injury but Kildemand wasn't coming regardless it seems)

The other 3 could've blocked it I suppose but as 1 is owned by the same promoter and another has the same main sponsor that was never likely to happen was it.....

The bump in the carpet continues to rise

12 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'd say they've just ignored it as 3 teams needed to break it (granted Kings Lynn could argue long term injury but Kildemand wasn't coming regardless it seems)

The other 3 could've blocked it I suppose but as 1 is owned by the same promoter and another has the same main sponsor that was never likely to happen was it.....

The bump in the carpet continues to rise

Regards K.Lynn yes it is an injury now and we believe Kildemand wasn't going to come in the end.For this Lynn would have been able to have a facilty on both counts,so can sign a replacement,which NKI has for now.

• Like 1

That’s one scenario where it wouldn’t have bothered me if Lynn were granted “special dispensation”. They had Kildermand in their declared 1-7. If the rider changed his mind and refused to come then that’s not the fault of Lynn and they should be granted a facility or enabled a replacement. That’s what the “special dispensation” rule is there for. 

It’s when that gets clearly abused that rankles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

You have to go and read the regs Phil.Clearly states you have to declare your 1-7 before the start of the official season,from this point no transfers can be made until 25% league matches are complete.

Pretty sure they will now make an amendment to the rules as 2 clubs have now broken them.Expect a supplementary reg to put in at some point this season,or maybe they will just let it wash over as usual.

They don’t need to make an amendment even if the SCB allowed it.

10.3.1 allows the Board of Directors to approve or not a re declaration, I did wonder why they had allowed Zagar to replace Allen at Belle Vue and now I know.

• Like 1

Wow Chris Louis clears up the rule on transfers and still people can't accept they were wrong.  Belle Vue didn't break any rules, Ipswich haven't broke any rules, it's that simple.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

You've just contradict yourself or the rules are contradicting themselves.  How can you have to declare your tea before the start of the season but then only make changes after 25% of LEAGUE fixtures.  Surely if the start of the window includes the cup the the 4 cup matches must be part of the 25%?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

You've just contradict yourself or the rules are contradicting themselves.  How can you have to declare your tea before the start of the season but then only make changes after 25% of LEAGUE fixtures.  Surely if the start of the window includes the cup the the 4 cup matches must be part of the 25%?

For your position to be remotely credible you would have to concede that the League Cup matches took place without ANY team building regulations applying whatsoever.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, arnieg said:

For your position to be remotely credible you would have to concede that the League Cup matches took place without ANY team building regulations applying whatsoever.

Why ? Can the transfer window not be separate from the cup.  Let's also remember averages in the cup don't count so there are clearly different rules for that competition.  What you cant have is a rule that covers both competitions but choose to only implement part of it for the cup.  I.E the transfer window starts at the beginning of the cup but the cup matches don't count towards the 25% of matches.  So my original point still stands.

1 hour ago, SUPERACE said:

Not contradicting at all.It's simple 1-7 named before the start of the season,simple.No changes allowed until after 25% of league matches,simple.You could have a 100 matches before the league started but is says only after 25% of league matches which would apply.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

They don’t need to make an amendment even if the SCB allowed it.

10.3.1 allows the Board of Directors to approve or not a re declaration, I did wonder why they had allowed Zagar to replace Allen at Belle Vue and now I know.

Basically it's the get out of jail free card,in the best interests of the sport.So now we are saying any team at any time can makes changes to their line up if the board of directors think it will be in the best interests of the sport.Get rid of the transfer window because teams can now do as they want in regards of signing riders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Basically it's the get out of jail free card,in the best interests of the sport.So now we are saying any team at any time can makes changes to their line up if the board of directors think it will be in the best interests of the sport.Get rid of the transfer window because teams can now do as they want in regards of signing riders.

Is the correct answer

Can't believe Ipswich have been allowed to do this...

Nowhere near 25% of matches completed...

No point having rules...

(Or indeed, regulations)...

Is there? 

Might as well as give them the title now....

I blame Poole...

• Like 2