British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Super fast track. Back fired as the Stars wasn't fast out of the gate. Best crowd of the season. Buster needs to realise that a fast track isn't the best track for racing...

We've been saying it for years. Fast track = little or no overtaking,  and so it was. Again 

Are we still expecting one or more changes?

If we go with the team we tracked last night at Belle Vue, I can see nothing but a heavy loss.

13 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Are we still expecting one or more changes?

If we go with the team we tracked last night at Belle Vue, I can see nothing but a heavy loss.

With Doyle in the team you won’t get any heavy losses. 

2 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

With Doyle in the team you won’t get any heavy losses. 

Without any changes; 52-38.

12 hours ago, brewer said:

Was wondering the same, guest at Scunny tomorrow as well. Who is he attached to.

Not guesting at Scunthorpe - they've signed him as a replacement for Kennedy.

Kennedy's crash last week was horrendous!  Reminded me a little bit of when Tony Davey hit the back straight fence at Leicester and somersaulted down the track - one of those moments when everything goes silent ...

3 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Not guesting at Scunthorpe - they've signed him as a replacement for Kennedy.

Kennedy's crash last week was horrendous!  Reminded me a little bit of when Tony Davey hit the back straight fence at Leicester and somersaulted down the track - one of those moments when everything goes silent ...

It’s already been answered by ippo fans as he is attached to them, was listed as guest originally by Scunny.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheSpecialOne said:

Could the new signing who doesn’t like riding at Kings Lynn be Lewis Kerr? 

No. Well it wasn’t, but maybe things have changed. 

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

No. Well it wasn’t, but maybe things have changed. 

I was having a bit of fun but when you think about it it makes sense. Witches inexplicably don’t make changes before the Lynn meeting (choosing to wait knowing their new rider is about to be available), Kerr basically refuses to ride against what could be his new team and is then released.

15 minutes ago, TheSpecialOne said:

I was having a bit of fun but when you think about it it makes sense. Witches inexplicably don’t make changes before the Lynn meeting (choosing to wait knowing their new rider is about to be available), Kerr basically refuses to ride against what could be his new team and is then released.

His average fits perfectly as a direct Swap for Barker. Maybe their thinking has changed and they’ll go with that option and use guests/R/R in the hope Riss is fit for the play offs? We’ll know imminently what they’ve gone with as we’ll be releasing the team news for Monday in the next 24 hours. Only have until that meeting to make team changes anyway. 

Until contracts are actually signed, either party can change their minds. Deals can be agreed in principle, but it means nothing until they’ve put pen to paper and even then sometimes things change. I can remember Louis changing his team at the 11th hour a few years back, the evening before the seven were due to be named. Can’t remember one of the swaps, but one involved Stefan Nielsen and Joe Jacobs. 

Think Ipswich have ballsed up a few signings / changes over the last decade or so. 

There was Adam Ellis,, the Australian chap with the Polish name,,, sedgemen in out in out oops back in one,,, and that's just off the top of head. 

If we are going with Kerr,,, no disrespect to him but would rather not 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Think Ipswich have ballsed up a few signings / changes over the last decade or so. 

There was Adam Ellis,, the Australian chap with the Polish name,,, sedgemen in out in out oops back in one,,, and that's just off the top of head. 

If we are going with Kerr,,, no disrespect to him but would rather not 

And we did sack Kerr a while back too

5 minutes ago, Badge said:

And we did sack Kerr a while back too

Yeah remember Kerr dint last long when he was at Foxhall a few yrs ago, dunno what's happened to him this season coz he always was sharp from the gate, haps he's had one crash to many and lost his edge.

Tungate and Summers confirmed, pending BSPA approval. Replacements for Riss and Barker. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2