Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Tungate signed as an Injury Replacement, which means that Riss could return if declared fit.

Not the case apparently. 

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not the case apparently. 

Is Tungate currently fit to ride tonight??

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

No idea sorry. Has he had a spill?

The Belle Vue website has him down as IRR.

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Tungate signed as an Injury Replacement, which means that Riss could return if declared fit.

26 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not the case apparently. 

This is interesting because I asked this question to a current team manager last week and was also told that Riss couldn’t be brought back when fit which surprised me. I thought he could and that’s why he was names as an “injury replacement” rather than simply a replacement. Perhaps Neil Watson could shed some light here as he’s good with that sort of stuff. Think it’s a moot point anyway. Unless Tungate completely tanks you’d be barking to bring him back in for the play offs after a 6 week lay off where he’s bound to have lost some sharpness. Tungate is a better rider anyway, all things being equal. 

24 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

This is interesting because I asked this question to a current team manager last week and was also told that Riss couldn’t be brought back when fit which surprised me. I thought he could and that’s why he was names as an “injury replacement” rather than simply a replacement. Perhaps Neil Watson could shed some light here as he’s good with that sort of stuff. Think it’s a moot point anyway. Unless Tungate completely tanks you’d be barking to bring him back in for the play offs after a 6 week lay off where he’s bound to have lost some sharpness. Tungate is a better rider anyway, all things being equal. 

As far as I know,  a temporary injury replacement has to be a 1-for-1 change.    You bring in a temporary replacement with a lower average than the injured rider, and when the injured rider is back fit, he can retake his place.

But that's not what Ipswich have done.  They've made a redeclaration of the team, combining the averages of two outgoing riders (plus a bit that they were under the points limit) and redeclared with 2  new riders up to the points limit. 

It's  not a 1-for-1 temporary injury replacement,.  In fact Tungate's average is quite a bit higher than Riss.

As for the "IRR"  on the BV website, that's just a cock-up.   "IRR only comes into play if a rider is injured during a meeting and withdraws.   Whoever wrote that on the website hasn't a clue what they're writing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

That makes some sense, but not what Ipswich have indicated on their website, press releases.  As you say, it would be handy if they made it clear - especially for Belle Vue (IRR … LOL!).

Want to revise my Ipswich prediction. You're not winning the league, totally forgot you'z lot have Batchelor in the team 

laughing-hysterically-cracking-up.gif

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2022 at 4:55 PM, Baldyman said:

Well I think that's all my disliked riders in one team now,,,, oh apart from Holder

I with you on that one Baldy, three Aussie I defo can't stand (not Summers)

On 8/8/2022 at 9:16 AM, Diamonds85 said:

image.png.61b557afbc7489a3e2462f3f8445b723.png

Would post the full team lineup as a screenshot but there's an annoying size limit!!

That means irritating not IRR

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Want to revise my Ipswich prediction. You're not winning the league, totally forgot you'z lot have Batchelor in the team 

laughing-hysterically-cracking-up.gif

Well they could still win the league, all they need is Peterborough to sack Scott Nicholls and he can be signed to replace Starke!

Just now, foreverblue said:

Well they could still win the league, all they need is Peterborough to sack Scott Nicholls and he can be signed to replace Starke!

No thanks

2 hours ago, TheSpecialOne said:

Anyone know what Summers record is at Foxhall? Probably not visited since the latest set of track changes.

Not sure,,,, maybe a bit of ABBA:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1