Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Still makes a total mockery of this circus,,,, a meeting that potentially could change who finishes top thus changing who faces who in the play offs,,, after the play offs.   Absolute joke 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I have only just twigged that Issue 19 of the Green Sheets says: "01/10 and Final" (my emphasis).

So, even if they are staged, the BSPA will not count the last two fixtures.

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Could this be a rare example of a sensible "in the best interests of the sport" decision?

27 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Can’t argue with that. Could have been a complete farce otherwise, so at least it’ll remove any suspicions and those that attend can expect honest competitive meetings. 

It does make some sense for all the reasons above but also further skews potential averages unfairly either way

Witches riders now potentially have an additional home meeting in the 10 match mix instead of an expected lower away score

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It does make some sense for all the reasons above but also further skews potential averages unfairly either way

Witches riders now potentially have an additional home meeting in the 10 match mix instead of an expected lower away score

Agree, but the lesser of the two evils really. Just couldn’t have those last meetings affecting the averages for obvious reasons. 

• Like 1

Just compounds the shambolic nature of how things are

Pointless even running them if they are completely meaningless

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just compounds the shambolic nature of how things are

Pointless even running them if they are completely meaningless

Not if you’ve paid for a season ticket. You’d be pretty pi$$ed off if you’d paid for the meeting and it didn’t take place. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not if you’ve paid for a season ticket. You’d be pretty pi$$ed off if you’d paid for the meeting and it didn’t take place. 

I'm sure they can refund a few quid to the couple of dozen affected

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ndbend said:

So can the Witches use Riss in the pairs?

I'm guessing that's one of the reasons they've made the change.

On 10/13/2022 at 10:56 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Agree, but the lesser of the two evils really. Just couldn’t have those last meetings affecting the averages for obvious reasons. 

Wolves beat everyone to it and dropped three and a half points off their team average after their hammering at Kings Lynn.

On 10/12/2022 at 5:43 PM, Arch Stanton said:

I know it matters little now in the great scheme of things, but is that even in the rules? 

On 10/12/2022 at 5:48 PM, Falcon1983 said:

yes you can make changes after the window if an injured rider is coming back to replace another rider that came in for him

On 10/12/2022 at 5:57 PM, Arch Stanton said:

If that’s the case and Tungate was just an injury replacement for Riss, should Riss have come straight back in when he returned to racing which was a little while ago now? And I thought it wasn’t  a single injury replacement change, but a full 1-7 re-declare involving a two rider change? Oh I dunno I’ve long given up even trying to understand these damn rules. 

My understanding of the rules would be, Tungate wasn't an injury replacement for Riss, as he had a higher average when he signed. So making a double change to stay under the points limit has to be a "tactical change" surely?

Can't see how they are allowed Riss back in this instance.

I know it doesn't really matter, but the rules should be clear, easy to understand & followed correctly!

32 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

My understanding of the rules would be, Tungate wasn't an injury replacement for Riss, as he had a higher average when he signed. So making a double change to stay under the points limit has to be a "tactical change" surely?

I know it doesn't really matter, but the rules should be clear, easy to understand & followed correctly!

A rider withdrawn due to injury can come back in at ANY point in the season for ANY other rider so long as the team stays within the limit

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If the rules were clear, easy to understand and followed correctly half of this years changes wouldn’t have happened.

• Like 1