British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

That reminds me of the time Reading rocked up with a couple of riders missing, we had Rory as a guest, he took off his Witches bib, jumped over to the other side of the pits and put on a Reading bib, and both clubs then ran R/R to make it a bit of a contest:rolleyes: 

i was told that Hancock and Zager were going to be missing for this meeting and nothing was said all day by either promotion so assumed my source was wrong. So when  i turned up at Foxhall to find out they werent in the pits, i got back in my car and drove home... 

• Like 3

So 10 home league fixtures, plus however many this “new competition” contains,  plus a premiership pairs round, for a season ticket value of £205 this year. That’s pretty good value compared to previous years isn’t it? Need to have confirmation of the fixture list to see exactly how many fixtures you’re getting for that though, as the amount for this new comp isn’t yet clear from what I see. 

When you compare to Wolves, who have replaced their season ticket with a book of 15 tickets for 260 quid, ours looks like it could be great value

Dont hold me to it but a couple of people have said the new competition might feature two groups of 3

Ipswich, Peterborough & Kings Lynn

Belle Vue, Wolves & Sheffield

4-3-2-0 scoring system home and away once top side into a final 

17 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Dont hold me to it but a couple of people have said the new competition might feature two groups of 3

Don't fancy Wolves chances in that competition. :(

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

So 10 home league fixtures, plus however many this “new competition” contains,  plus a premiership pairs round, for a season ticket value of £205 this year. That’s pretty good value compared to previous years isn’t it? Need to have confirmation of the fixture list to see exactly how many fixtures you’re getting for that though, as the amount for this new comp isn’t yet clear from what I see. 

When you compare to Wolves, who have replaced their season ticket with a book of 15 tickets for 260 quid, ours looks like it could be great value

It's for 12 meetings,,, pairs will be extra,,,,, so 17.08 a meeting

Edited by Baldyman

On 12/6/2021 at 7:04 PM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

i was told that Hancock and Zager were going to be missing for this meeting and nothing was said all day by either promotion so assumed my source was wrong. So when  i turned up at Foxhall to find out they werent in the pits, i got back in my car and drove home... 

Not totally correct as i was picking up Zagar at  Stansted airport but his flight was late in and the Reading management put plan B into operation. Matej insisted we went to Ipswich and arrived about heat 8. I then did my radio summarising bit for the live Radio Berks coverage and then drove Matej back to a Stansted hotel where he spent the night before flying out to Sweden for the GP on the Saturday.

13 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not totally correct as i was picking up Zagar at  Stansted airport but his flight was late in and the Reading management put plan B into operation. Matej insisted we went to Ipswich and arrived about heat 8. I then did my radio summarising bit for the live Radio Berks coverage and then drove Matej back to a Stansted hotel where he spent the night before flying out to Sweden for the GP on the Saturday.

I'd say that makes Beerhut correct......

Neither raced and no one was made aware until moments before the tapes went up on heat 1

The fact that Zagar got to see 7 heats didn't contribute to the fans vfm for the night

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

It's for 12 meetings,,, pairs will be extra,,,,, so 17.08 a meeting

Oh. Not quite so good then..

Edit: Still makes it better than Wolves offering, just! 17.33 a meeting. If Wolves don’t make the final of the cup, or make the play offs,  they’ll have to include a couple of individual meetings to allow fans to use the 15 tickets. I know they normally do the Olympique, but they’ll have to do another one

Edited by Arch Stanton

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'd say that makes Beerhut correct......

Neither raced and no one was made aware until moments before the tapes went up on heat 1

The fact that Zagar got to see 7 heats didn't contribute to the fans vfm for the night

True but whoever said hours before that Zagar wouldn’t be riding must have been guessing. If the Reading management had taken a different course of action and covered his rides until we arrived he would have ridden !!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Oh. Not quite so good then..

If you don't miss one there is a small saving to be made.  

Just now, Baldyman said:

If you don't miss one there is a small saving to be made.  

Some nights I just can’t be ar$ed though and make my mind up on the day. I do like the idea of paying up front and getting it done for the season, but can’t justify it really as I know I’ll end up out of pocket. 

Just worked it out that you can afford to miss one meeting and break even. But that’s on this years admission price of 19 quid. As far as I can see they haven’t mentioned the admission cost for next year, just the season ticket costs. Maybe the admission will increase..

27 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Just worked it out that you can afford to miss one meeting and break even. But that’s on this years admission price of 19 quid. As far as I can see they haven’t mentioned the admission cost for next year, just the season ticket costs. Maybe the admission will increase..

Gotta go up to 20 I would think. 

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Sounds good. 

Another final my Panthers are going to be in then. :D