Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Barker for Heeps. Certainly an improvement but the track needs to change to suit him mind

Track was much better prepared for home riders in the kings lynn match, nowhere near as slick

Barker the obvious choice, has made a good start to the championship season and won’t be costing the earth above what heeps will have been compared to a continental 7pt rider.

shame for heeps he’s a good kid, but I guess there comes a point where you’re not a kid no more and you’ve just simply got to be more professional and better prepared for the season, 2019 the season before covid him and Jake were a revelation at reserve and when riding in the team - no coincidence that that was the hardest he’d ever worked on his fitness and preparation in the off season.

• Like 1

“We built a team knowing that the nucleus of it in Erik (Riss), Cam and Troy (Batchelor) are coming off of bad seasons, that’s why were able to build this team really. We had no right to expect them to be back to their top form just because they put on a Witches suit, so we knew we would have to give them time. Unfortunately, with the way the way the Premiership works with just six teams, it’s a short season and it has a transfer window, that opens after 25% and closes at 75%, so you are forced into making moves quickly if you need them, so it hasn’t enabled us any time with Cam.”

That seems to confirm that changes CAN  be made before the league fixtures start, meaning Belle Vue haven’t broke/bent any rule. Unless of course this is just more bluster from Louis who has now demanded to make a change because Belle Vue have :D

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

One thing I will say about Chris Louis, in the years he’s been promoter, he’s never been slow in making changes. Tiger was incredibly frustrating on this front when he was promoting and would rather persevere with struggling riders for the season than make a change. Chris Louis has been the polar opposite and I’m pretty sure he’s made team changes in every season he’s been a promoter. 

https://ipswichwitches.co/barker-back-at-ipswich/

“It is no secret that with the doubling-up, other than dipping into the international transfer market, which in fairness we tried, there was one option that the club simply could not afford and when we looked at what was available here, Ben was the obvious choice really. He knows Ipswich, he knows the club, he knows the track because he has been with us a couple of times before.

Wonder who the international rider was? Can’t be Klindt as the one change wouldn’t have fitted. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

24 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

“We built a team knowing that the nucleus of it in Erik (Riss), Cam and Troy (Batchelor) are coming off of bad seasons, that’s why were able to build this team really. We had no right to expect them to be back to their top form just because they put on a Witches suit, so we knew we would have to give them time. Unfortunately, with the way the way the Premiership works with just six teams, it’s a short season and it has a transfer window, that opens after 25% and closes at 75%, so you are forced into making moves quickly if you need them, so it hasn’t enabled us any time with Cam.”

That seems to confirm that changes CAN  be made before the league fixtures start, meaning Belle Vue haven’t broke/bent any rule. Unless of course this is just more bluster from Louis who has now demanded to make a change because Belle Vue have :D

Bluster from Louis,but in the light of Belle Vue with Zagar they have to allow this change.

I had a good read of the regs yesterday and from your initial 1-7 which you have to name before the start of the season(back in March)you cannot make a change until after 25% of PL matches are complete.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

One thing I will say about Chris Louis, in the years he’s been promoter, he’s never been slow in making changes. Tiger was incredibly frustrating on this front when he was promoting and would rather persevere with struggling riders for the season than make a change. Chris Louis has been the polar opposite and I’m pretty sure he’s made team changes in every season he’s been a promoter. 

https://ipswichwitches.co/barker-back-at-ipswich/

“It is no secret that with the doubling-up, other than dipping into the international transfer market, which in fairness we tried, there was one option that the club simply could not afford and when we looked at what was available here, Ben was the obvious choice really. He knows Ipswich, he knows the club, he knows the track because he has been with us a couple of times before.

Wonder who the international rider was? Can’t be Klindt as the one change wouldn’t have fitted. 

On the Polish coverage over the weekend one of the Pawlickis was interviewed . No idea what was said as in Polish but in the middle was mentioned  "Ipswich Witches"

Could be a red herring but why would the Witches be mentioned mid TV interview of a Polish league  meeting.....

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Bluster from Louis,but in the light of Belle Vue with Zagar they have to allow this change.

I had a good read of the regs yesterday and from your initial 1-7 which you have to name before the start of the season(back in March)you cannot make a change until after 25% of PL matches are complete.

May as well scrub that regulation from the book....

Speedway being speedway 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I read it the same way although I’m not 100% convinced either way. We’ll never know will we? We’re only the supporters after all. IF the rule is no changes once the season is underway, then just because Belle Vue have made one then we shouldn’t be using that as a reason to make one too. Two wrongs don’t make a right. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

On the Polish coverage over the weekend one of the Pawlickis was interviewed . No idea what was said as in Polish but in the middle was mentioned  "Ipswich Witches"

Could be a red herring but why would the Witches be mentioned mid TV interview of a Polish league  meeting.....

Shame if that was what we tried. Would have been a game changer for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

True would’ve been an incredible signing, but one thing that can be said about Chris Louis is he’s always run the club in a pragmatic and financially sound manner and if it was going to be far too expensive it’s not worth it for short term success but jeopardising long term security for the club.

workington won every competition they enter red in their final season before having to shut so bringing in a game changer may have been great, but success in the season doesn’t necessarily bring in the extra finance to cover the team costs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It was the lesser of the brothers,, 

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I read it the same way although I’m not 100% convinced either way. We’ll never know will we? We’re only the supporters after all. IF the rule is no changes once the season is underway, then just because Belle Vue have made one then we shouldn’t be using that as a reason to make one too. Two wrongs don’t make a right. 

I am a 100% convinced having read through properly.A League Cup is an official match.So even if the clubs only went from their own first official match their season has started.From then your declared 1-7 has to remain until the 25% mark.Unless of course for long term injury or a rider refusing to ride.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

May as well scrub that regulation from the book....

Speedway being speedway 

No, the transfer window starts beginning of your league campaign. Belle Vue done nothing wrong. Ipswich done. Nothing wrong. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

No, the transfer window starts beginning of your league campaign. Belle Vue done nothing wrong. Ipswich done. Nothing wrong. 

I don't see how you can argue that if you've actually read the regulation. [12.2] It states "A team's initial declaration ....

FACT Cameron Heeps is in Ipswich's initial declaration.

The section concludes with "...a transfer window opens after 25% of league matches ..."

FACT 25% of league matches have not yet been ridden - therefore transfer window has yet to open.

nb The 28 day nature of Allen's signing makes Zagar's position somewhat indeterminate from the regs as written. (Always a bad sign if you read the regs and still can't determine the correct outcome)

Personally I think it is a daft regulation and the BSPL should put their hands up and admit they made a mistake,  remove the regulation and allow team changes subject to the usual points limit/average restrictions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1