British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Emma Raducanu

I only saw a bit, but the few minutes I did see included Emma getting treatment to her knee and her opponent seemingly complaining about something. Was she thinking this break was tactical or so ? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere

7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I only saw a bit, but the few minutes I did see included Emma getting treatment to her knee and her opponent seemingly complaining about something. Was she thinking this break was tactical or so ? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere

It was a break point for Fernandez and Raducanu slid her knee along the floor and cut her knee so needed a medical time out.

I think Fernandez was just stressed because it ruined her momentum in the second set and was probably having a moan about it. She probably lost the match by losing her cool in that moment. She was close to defeat anyway, but having break point gave her a chance of turning the second set round and drawing level.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 1

Just now, Grachan said:

It was a break point for Fernandez and Raducanu slid her knee along the floor and cut her knee so needed a medical time out.

I think Fernandez was just stressed because it ruined her momentum in the second set and was probably having a moan about it. She probably lost the match by losing her cool in that moment. She was close to defeat anyway, but having break point gave her a chance of turning the second set round and drawing level.

Thanks. I missed the accident and came in during the break, so didn't understand the background.

The break for medical treatment was an interesting point in the to me. For sure Fernandez was upset but getting annoyed could have worked in her favour. On the other hand Raducanu was sitting still and getting “cold” which could have worked against her. As it was, probably the opposite occurred within both of them.            
There was a point at the beginning of the 2nd set I though Fernandez looked to have an advantage just for a couple of games, but it didn’t last.

• Like 1

The judge instructed Emma to get the leg seen to, she wasnt keen as she thought it would interfere with her concentration, as she said afterwards she just had to just mentally concentrate on what she had to do rather than the treatment, no advantage to Emma but could have broken her rhythm, i note she rode motocross when she was younger perhaps Mark Lemon should give her a call :)

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

The judge instructed Emma to get the leg seen to, she wasnt keen as she thought it would interfere with her concentration, as she said afterwards she just had to just mentally concentrate on what she had to do rather than the treatment, no advantage to Emma but could have broken her rhythm, i note she rode motocross when she was younger perhaps Mark Lemon should give her a call :)

Did you mean to say Matt Ford :)

Emma also good at go kart racing, could go to F1.

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Thanks. I missed the accident and came in during the break, so didn't understand the background.

Emma cut her leg just below the knee in a fall. Under the rules of Tennis any injury with blood must be treated immiediately which the umpire proceeded to do. Fernandez complained saying it was gamesmanship not realizing her opponent was injured which afterwards she apologised for

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Did you mean to say Matt Ford :)

Emma also good at go kart racing, could go to F1.

I knew there was going to be a Poole reference when motorcross was mentioned! :o:D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

Emma cut her leg just below the knee in a fall. Under the rules of Tennis any injury with blood must be treated immiediately which the umpire proceeded to do. Fernandez complained saying it was gamesmanship not realizing her opponent was injured which afterwards she apologised for

Andy Roddick explained on twitter about this rule as he was fed up with people saying it was tactical, when it wasn't Emma's choice.

• Like 1