British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waiheke1

Wildcards 2022

Is it 4 or 5 wildcards for next year? Top 6+SEC chsmp + top 3 GP challenge +?

If 4, Madsen, Doyle, Lambert, Vaculik? Thomsen unlucky to miss out? 

Madsen, Doyle, Vaculik, Lambert and Fricke. My guess at the 5, I'd imagine the first four are nailed on.

13 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Madsen, Doyle, Vaculik, Lambert and Fricke. My guess at the 5, I'd imagine the first four are nailed on.

Fricke doesn`t need one !!!!- nor does Dudek and Przedpelski and Michelsen 

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Kubera must be in with a good shout, looked good earlier in the GP's. It would mean a 4th pole but surely we want to see the best riders in the world in the GP.

Edited by iand
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, iand said:

Kubera must be in with a good shout, looked good earlier in the GP's. It would mean a 4th pole but surely we want to see the best riders in the world in the GP.

No chance- it would be 5 

2 minutes ago, iand said:

I would have thought it unlikely with Zmarzlik, Janowski, Dudek and Przedpelski already in place for 2022.

2 hours ago, iand said:

It would be nice, but unfortunately for young promising Polish riders  the fact there are already 4 Poles in the series almost certainly means it won't happen

• Like 1

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

5 picks

Thanks. Have to say, i'd prefer top 8 plus three picks, though doubt it will make much/any difference 

• Like 2

Anyone other than Mads  Doyle Lambert Vaculik Thomsen that people think have a realistic chsnce? A token Swede instead of Thomsen?

23 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Anyone other than Mads  Doyle Lambert Vaculik Thomsen that people think have a realistic chsnce? A token Swede instead of Thomsen?

If either Robert lambert or Thomsen score really badly in Torun they may not get one. Especially Thomsen who would be quite a few points behind Lambert on the old points system. Jack Holder could be worth a go, 15th in Polish averages. 

Who picks the wildcards? is it the new organisers or FIM?

The current best rider outside the GPs is probably Janusz Kolodziej, 7th polish averages and 4th in the Gp challenge. Although can't see him getting a wildcard unless there is change in policy from the new organisers/FIM.

1 minute ago, eric i said:

If either Robert lambert or Thomsen score really badly in Torun they may not get one. Especially Thomsen who would be quite a few points behind Lambert on the old points system. Jack Holder could be worth a go, 15th in Polish averages. 

Who picks the wildcards? is it the new organisers or FIM?

The current best rider outside the GPs is probably Janusz Kolodziej, 7th polish averages and 4th in the Gp challenge. Although can't see him getting a wildcard unless there is change in policy from the new organisers/FIM.

Yeah, on merit a couple of Poles might get them, but can't see it happening.

J Holder and Nicki P are probably the next best options, but neither has really provided a compelling case.

I'm pretty sure Lambert will get one - young, British, improving, top ten in Ekstraliga. Of the five I've suggested, I believe only Thomsen is at risk of not getting one. 

If Thomson has half good meeting x2 in Torun he probably deserve another crack at it. Conversely if Lambert has to mid-low meetings then he could be in trouble, Thomson has had a podium, that means something.

It is a pity for Kubera that he comes from a country populated with good riders. If he misses a pick then he has to be the series first reserve.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

No chance- it would be 5 

Forgot Przedpelski qualified, Kolodziej could easily have made it 3 out of 3 from the challenge and then we would have had 5 poles