British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waiheke1

Wildcards 2022

8 minutes ago, severnsider said:

He went out in the previous round. Think it was Gorican round

If someone like Jack Holder cannot get through a GP Challenge qualifier he doesn’t deserve to be in a GP, and someone suggest Jack replaces Fricke who did qualify for the GP Challenge and indeed qualify for next years GPs.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 8:46 PM, OveFundinFan said:

If someone like Jack Holder cannot get through a GP Challenge qualifier he doesn’t deserve to be in a GP, and someone suggest Jack replaces Fricke who did qualify for the GP Challenge and indeed qualify for next years GPs.

Everyone has bad days, and tracks they’re not so good at, I’m sure if it was GP challenge only to get in back in the day, Gollob would of never made it through if he got certain tracks, didn’t mean he shouldn’t have been there 

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea

On 9/22/2021 at 4:56 PM, RPNY said:

Neither wanted to be in it tho.

Yeah, I know… The other poster was saying no one should of been in the GP’s that wasn’t, based on how good they were, and Emil and Grigori were both very much good enough for it some years, but didn’t want to be in it

Does anyone know how soon after the final  GP the wild cards are announced.

42 minutes ago, iand said:

Does anyone know how soon after the final  GP the wild cards are announced.

I would say as soon as the last race is done, I'd imagine they've already drawn up a few alternative lists depending upon the results in Torun. I would say the top six will stay as they are now. 

Hope Tai can get up to third overall :t:

Edited by PirateShip

27 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

I would say as soon as the last race is done, I'd imagine they've already drawn up a few alternative lists depending upon the results in Torun. I would say the top six will stay as they are now. 

Hope Tai can get up to third overall :t:

Not sure that will be the case this season with Discovery Sports events the new promoters it could well be later than normal.

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Not sure that will be the case this season with Discovery Sports events the new promoters it could well be later than normal.

Yeah that's possible, I've read in the speedway star that they are announcing their plans for next season's GP series at a press conference in Torun on Friday. So they've maybe already given plenty of thought to the wildcards as well. 

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Myabe, but I agree with PirateShip that the wild cards are already considered/chosen even if the new management formally/officially aren't in control yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bruiser said:

I think they will go 

Madsen  Doyle   Lambert  Vaculik  Kubera

Pretty sure no chance of Kubera being in because of the number of Pples already.

25 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Pretty sure no chance of Kubera being in because of the number of Pples already.

Would that matter in this case if he’s the best option ? ….I cannot think of another nation which isn’t represented who has a rider worthy of a GP spot so all countries covered so another Pole wouldn’t really be an issue for me as it really makes no difference to another Brit, Dane, Swede, Aussie if those countries already have riders…..you may be right though.

Logically it’s got to be Madsen, Doyle, Vaculik plus Lambert and Thomson. That pick will upset those who want to see “new” faces. The new faces come in from Euro champ and top 2 of the 3 from GP Challenge  (Fricke  was one of those 3 for next year). I wouldn’t want to see 37 year old Kolodzeij, nor 35 year old Smolinski in the series, they had there chances.

51 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Logically it’s got to be Madsen, Doyle, Vaculik plus Lambert and Thomson. That pick will upset those who want to see “new” faces. The new faces come in from Euro champ and top 2 of the 3 from GP Challenge  (Fricke  was one of those 3 for next year). I wouldn’t want to see 37 year old Kolodzeij, nor 35 year old Smolinski in the series, they had there chances.

If GP2/WU21 is to be a feeder series, does that mean the winner should get a GP place?. If so, should the winner of this year’s WU21 get a pick for next year?.