British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk127

ADAC GT Masters Motorsport: EuroSpeedway Lausitz

Noticed that the above programme is on Freesports. Has anyone seen it? I guess it is road bikes but probably does not help the general using Speedway in the title when most would expect the conventional form of racing.

Think you have got yourself totally mixed up here. The term speedway for a track goes back at least to 1909 or so when the Indianapolis speedway opened

This is a car racing track 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.motorsport-total.com/gt-masters/news/adac-gt-masters-lausitzring-2021-mercedes-amg-sieg-corvette-fackelt-ab-21091204%3famp=1

4 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Think you have got yourself totally mixed up here. The term speedway for a track goes back at least to 1909 or so when the Indianapolis speedway opened

This is a car racing track 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.motorsport-total.com/gt-masters/news/adac-gt-masters-lausitzring-2021-mercedes-amg-sieg-corvette-fackelt-ab-21091204%3famp=1

Not seen it hence the question so not confused at all, just curious but no longer. I have seen the American car racing and it ranks alongside paint drying and counting nails in B & Q. Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

I have relatives & friends in the USA and in Florida is a race circuit named '?????? Speedway' (I forget exactly), they have frequented commented "Martin would probably love this place".  No, he probabaly wouldn't....

Correct Speedway 2.jpg

Edited by martinmauger
spelling
  • Like 1

There was also an ex motorcycle speedway rider on I think breakfast tv to talk about his illness and when he mentioned speedway they thought he was a car racer, and that was UK tv

Also from memory if you google just speedway you get an awful lot of US car racing come up in the results 

Edited by iris123

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

There was also an ex motorcycle speedway rider on I think breakfast tv to talk about his illness and when he mentioned speedway they thought he was a car racer, and that was UK tv

Amongst the general public, speedway in the U.K. ranks somewhere between lawn mower racing and conkers so understandable.  It really is not on many people’s radar and those presenting news programmes have little or no knowledge of any sports apart from football, rugby, tennis, cricket and formula 1. Possibly horse racing but only the major meetings. Speedway is a niche sport not even well supported by motor bike enthusiasts and it is run by lunatics who have been let out of the asylum for too long.