British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

belle vue v kings lynn 13/9/21

4 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

any weather reports on this looking to travel so updates are more than welcome 

My local weather app currently shows any rain in rhe Gorton area clearing by around 1.00pm and not returning until around 9.00pm.

I'm actually 10 miles away from Belle Vue, it rained here earlier but the sun is trying to peak through the clouds now. Not too successfully though.

I’m 100 yards from track, there was light rain this morning till about 11.00. Forecast says just overcast for rest of the day. 

• Thanks 1

I must admit I’m not always ‘on the ball’ when it comes keeping totally up-to-date with the seemingly ever-changing rules and regulations.

I’m just wondering why the Aces do not have Richie Worrall back in the team tonight, given he is back – and scoring well – in the SGB Premiership?

Is his continued absence from the Aces’ team connected to the rules governing the signing of Nicolai Busk Jacobsen?

17 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

I must admit I’m not always ‘on the ball’ when it comes keeping totally up-to-date with the seemingly ever-changing rules and regulations.

I’m just wondering why the Aces do not have Richie Worrall back in the team tonight, given he is back – and scoring well – in the SGB Premiership?

Is his continued absence from the Aces’ team connected to the rules governing the signing of Nicolai Busk Jacobsen?

Correct, NBJ was signed on 28 day contract so has to stay in lineup for 28 days. 

The guest has changed now Theo Pijper guesting instead of Aaron Summers.

26 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

Richie Worrall made his comeback with Edinburgh on Friday and rode Friday, Saturday, Sunday.  (he's also due to ride Wednesday).  As Belle Vue would probably have had to declare tonight's team before he rode on Friday, they probably thought it might be too big a risk to ask him to ride 4 days on the trot (and 5 days out of 6). 

They're perfectly entitled to use temporary signing Busk Jakobsen for anything up to 28 days, so probably thought it was the safest option to give Richie Worrall a breather tonight and have him back fresh for the play-offs.   (Having said that, it seems like it's been a bit of a pain with NBJ getting injured, then guest Aaron Summers retiring... they're down to Theo Pijper now).

(They could have brought Worrall back in the side tonight if they'd wanted.  There's nothing in the rules that says an injury replacement has to stay in the side for 28 days.  But once they'd decided to stick with the injury replacement for tonight, they can't go back just because Summers pulled out, they have to stick with it and find a new guest)

Edited by PotteringAround

37 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Richie Worrall made his comeback with Edinburgh on Friday and rode Friday, Saturday, Sunday.  (he's also due to ride Wednesday).  As Belle Vue would probably have had to declare tonight's team before he rode on Friday, they probably thought it might be too big a risk to ask him to ride 4 days on the trot (and 5 days out of 6). 

They're perfectly entitled to use temporary signing Busk Jakobsen for anything up to 28 days, so probably thought it was the safest option to give Richie Worrall a breather tonight and have him back fresh for the play-offs.   (Having said that, it seems like it's been a bit of a pain with NBJ getting injured, then guest Aaron Summers retiring... they're down to Theo Pijper now).

(They could have brought Worrall back in the side tonight if they'd wanted.  There's nothing in the rules that says an injury replacement has to stay in the side for 28 days.  But once they'd decided to stick with the injury replacement for tonight, they can't go back just because Summers pulled out, they have to stick with it and find a new guest)

They can't bring Richie back in until the 28 days have passed, thats 100% the rule, belle vue have no choice but to use a guest, this isn't a new rule.

Edited by SUPERACE

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Cannot bring Richie back till 28 days is up. 

34 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

They can't bring Richie back in until the 28 days have passed, thats 100% the rule, belle vue have no choice but to use a guest, this isn't a new rule.

Can you send me the link please?

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Can you send me the link please?

Link for the rule?

Don't have it, but trust me its the rule.

Edit:  I've just looked on the SCB site at the rules and tbh I can't find anything that states that rule, but it does seem to exist.

Edited by SUPERACE

Is it part of the Supplementary, Complementary And Regulatory Explanation (SCARE) that is for Promoters only? It must be adhered to until Poole find the relevant loophole / exemption! It helps encourage the greater use of guests and further dilutes team bonding that the fans want. 

• Haha 2

Surely the "in the interests of speedway" rule overrides any other option stated so far.....

It is used in many unacceptable ways so why not use it when it would be sensible to do so

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Surely the "in the interests of speedway" rule overrides any other option stated so far.....

It is used in many unacceptable ways so why not use it when it would be sensible to do so

Are you mad?

Letting a rider, who is fully fit, to ride for his own club rather than bring in a guest???

Sheer lunacy.... 

You will never be a promoter...

:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 2