British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Edinburgh

A struggle with no number 2 and a National League lad at reserve.

So no 50 minutes delays for Tractoring? R/R for Shanes when he is third in averages is an advantage in terms of score, less so entertainment.  Do the scores of Castagna & Grobauer mean averages mean they'll swap positions any time soon, if so Brummies are stuffed.

Scunthorpe have finished their league matches with 33 points, Birmingham can equal that with big wins home/away v Diamonds, but look at the +/- points difference.  Playoff hopes ended last week.  And haven;t even factored in what Kent can do.  No-one can seriously expect the Brummies to get any league points from their visit to Ashfield?

I have to say that you are full of it tonight.

No track to moan about so you start to look for other things to pour doom and gloom on. Have a night off, you deserve it.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Petecc said:

I have to say that you are full of it tonight.

No track to moan about so you start to look for other things to pour doom and gloom on. Have a night off, you deserve it.

What me? I didn't attend. Only stated facts.

6 hours ago, Col said:

Only stated facts

It's not allowed. Reality and speedway don't belong together. :t:

Worrying Edinburgh going into play offs with only 5 recognised riders if Anders Rowe out for rest of season and guests for the 2nd reserve spot.

At the end of the day....if the Promotion are losing money with every match?

Why would they want us to make the Play-Offs ;) ?

45 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

At the end of the day....if the Promotion are losing money with every match?

Why would they want us to make the Play-Offs ;) ?

I believe Brum had a sponsor for last nights meeting.

The crowd looked a bit down on last week only to be expected after last weeks farce but the upstairs stand looked more full than recent weeks.

The track was ok well watered with the exception of the patch on B1, created dust every time the riders hit it, diliberately left dry because that patch had been bladed last week and the top layer removed  which may have turned soft had it been watered.

Good nights racing most heats providing some interest, very enjoyable .

Chris Harris was in superb form, coming from the back in each ride, a joy to watch, rode the air fence all night and made a sensational pass in ht 6 riding the fence on B1 & B2 to pass both Monarchs. He would have got a max if only he could gate, only beaten by the opposition because they rode his line by the fence.

Valatin Grobauer you are the weakest link , goodbye.

Thought Monarchs Josh Pickering a bit of a disapointment

7 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Redcar must have been there demanding it be turned into a dust bowl again I see?

action21_bir_edi2.jpg

No it was NOT a dust bowl only the patch on B1 , being selective with the photo arnt we

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Historian said:

No it was NOT a dust bowl only the patch on B1 , being selective with the photo arnt we

The only photo on the sgb website

23 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Redcar must have been there demanding it be turned into a dust bowl again I see?

action21_bir_edi2.jpg

With Harris, Worrall and Masters riding hard, fast and high into the airfence last night, it just proves Redcars stand off last week was unjustifiable.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Deano said:

With Harris, Worrall and Masters riding hard, fast and high into the airfence last night, it just proves Redcars stand off last week was unjustifiable.

Does it? A track can be prepared differently week on week.

Id imagine Tuesday's downpour did the track wonders! Having seen other photos now it certainly looks an improvement

Edited by Marshall07