British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Edinburgh

9 hours ago, Col said:

What me? I didn't attend. Only stated facts.

If you didn't attend, how do you know what are 'facts'?  If you don't attend, why are you always boring the rest of us with your stupid comments?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Does it? A track can be prepared differently week on week.

Id imagine Tuesday's downpour did the track wonders! Having seen other photos now it certainly looks an improvement

Yes, look at the times of the first four heats last week. Similar to this weeks. Anyway not that anything is likely to happen or change, but apparently the whole issue is under investigation.

11 minutes ago, Deano said:

Yes, look at the times of the first four heats last week. Similar to this weeks. Anyway not that anything is likely to happen or change, but apparently the whole issue is under investigation.

I don't understand what race times have to do with it? A fast track can still be dangerous. The person in front can pick a "raceable" line. It's the other 3 bucking around and struggling to turn on the other lines that is the issue!

10 hours ago, Col said:

What me? I didn't attend. Only stated facts.

Facts are only opinions, but stated in a louder voice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

A fact is only a fact if its true. After that its opinions then you do get into a bigger minefield. 

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

If you didn't attend, how do you know what are 'facts'?  If you don't attend, why are you always boring the rest of us with your stupid comments?

Because i wasn't even talking about the meeting, I was looking at the league positions, points available etc. etc.

3 hours ago, Historian said:

Chris Harris was in superb form, coming from the back in each ride, a joy to watch, rode the air fence all night and made a sensational pass in ht 6 riding the fence on B1 & B2 to pass both Monarchs. He would have got a max if only he could gate, only beaten by the opposition because they rode his line by the fence.

How very dare they ;)

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Factually incorrect.

---------------------------------------------------------

Well done Monarchs.

I'm interested to know what would've happened had we lost 53-37 instead of 52-38. In that scenario, the F and A pts would've been:

Edinburgh 909 - 880

Scunny 908 - 879

Both teams on +29. Would Edinburgh be declared above Scunny, due to one extra race point having been scored (909 vs 908)? Or would another tiebreak method have been used?

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Yes and opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Osirian08 said:

Yes and opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.

Some are just bigger than others.

5 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Well done Monarchs.

I'm interested to know what would've happened had we lost 53-37 instead of 52-38. In that scenario, the F and A pts would've been:

Edinburgh 909 - 880

Scunny 908 - 879

Both teams on +29. Would Edinburgh be declared above Scunny, due to one extra race point having been scored (909 vs 908)? Or would another tiebreak method have been used?

Having observed how Godfrey's mind works over the last few years, he'd have probably gone with the results between the two teams... you beat them 52-38 at your place and they beat you 54-36 at the EWR. Ergo, Scunny qualify having scored more points over the two matches this year.

However, that wasn't needed, so well done. Hope we can join you in the playoffs. :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Your mixing up facts with fiction.;)

On 9/16/2021 at 1:41 PM, King Jamie said:

How very dare they ;)

Factually incorrect.

---------------------------------------------------------

Well done Monarchs.

Edinburgh 909 - 880

Scunny 908 - 879

7 teams in the play-offs, with the top team seeded to the semi finals! Cause with speedway you never know lol!

Harris always seems to come alive at this time of the season… strange.