British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CitizenTyler

Play Off Dates

7 hours ago, crescent girl said:

The Friday tracks have a strict pecking order.  Edinburgh is first, l'm not sure who comes next - maybe Scunny?   But what this means is that, if drawn against each other, the 'senior' club will ride on Friday, and their opponents will probably race the return leg off-night.

That's only if they have an off race night

27 minutes ago, Petecc said:

That's only if they have an off race night

Majority of teams have a limited off- night facility.

8 hours ago, crescent girl said:

The Friday tracks have a strict pecking order.  Edinburgh is first, l'm not sure who comes next - maybe Scunny?   But what this means is that, if drawn against each other, the 'senior' club will ride on Friday, and their opponents will probably race the return leg off-night.

1. Edinburgh 2. Scunthorpe 3. Glasgow 4. Redcar is the pecking order, I believe.  Although another factor is whether the team above in the league table wants first or second leg at home.  In that case, they may have to move off race-night to accommodate that. That's probably not an issue, since the four Fridays teams set to take place in the play-offs are almost in reverse order in the table to their priority. 

I think the first-round (quarter-finals) ideally need to be held on the weekend of October 1st-3rd and the semi-finals the weekend after that, to allow time for a couple of rain offs somewhere. 

44 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Majority of teams have a limited off- night facility.

Not for any of the Friday night tracks involved. Edinburgh are the ones likely to stick to Fridays and even they have the capacity to run on a Saturday, if needed.  I don't think the other three tracks have restrictions to race-nights at all.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Not for any of the Friday night tracks involved. Edinburgh are the ones likely to stick to Fridays and even they have the capacity to run on a Saturday, if needed.  I don't think the other three tracks have restrictions to race-nights at all.

I know Edinburgh have the facility but like you say not keen to use it.

Glasgow can use any night(I Think).

Edited by Fromafar

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I know Edinburgh have the facility but like you say not keen to use it.

Glasgow can use any night(I Think).

Or afternoon

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Let's not forget SON is on one of those Friday's in October too!

SON is on Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th not the Friday. 

Please don't confuse things even more, folk av been confused enuff over the start time. 

Looking at the teams in the play offs & possible teams in them, a Friday play off before the SON is possible because travel distance is feasible on the Saturday for getting on a train. Altho it may be best to leave that Friday clear? 

I guess my team Poole will stick to Wednesday for home fixtures. 

The weather being the elephant in the room looks to be having a say on matters from middle of next week too