British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Leicester v Poole, KO Cup semi-final 1st leg, Sat 18/09/21

Just got back to Poole at 11.30 so we’ll done for getting the meeting on in good time.

better than average meeting at Leicester with some passing, albeit 6 inches from the fence, or if you are Andersen up the inside. A good crowd and plenty of Poole fans made the trip.

Well done to Ben Cook for a very good score on his first ever visit. Very impressive.

As usual Pirates flop at the end of away meetings and this time have given up an 8 point lead. After being on the wrong end of a 5-1 in heat 13 when in 1 and 3, heat 15 saw Poole chose 1 and 3 again against the same two Leicester riders! Why on Earth give them the same gates and almost the same result as 2 heats earlier? Made no sense to me and 2 and 4 were the better gates. Worral off 2 and King off 4 would have been better. Did the riders want 1 and 3?

So nicely poised. 8 points to make up and no tacs allowed. Think it’s advantage Poole in a couple of weeks time. 

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back to Poole at 11.30 so we’ll done for getting the meeting on in good time.

better than average meeting at Leicester with some passing, albeit 6 inches from the fence, or if you are Andersen up the inside. A good crowd and plenty of Poole fans made the trip.

Well done to Ben Cook for a very good score on his first ever visit. Very impressive.

As usual Pirates flop at the end of away meetings and this time have given up an 8 point lead. After being on the wrong end of a 5-1 in heat 13 when in 1 and 3, heat 15 saw Poole chose 1 and 3 again against the same two Leicester riders! Why on Earth give them the same gates and almost the same result as 2 heats earlier? Made no sense to me and 2 and 4 were the better gates. Worral off 2 and King off 4 would have been better. Did the riders want 1 and 3?

So nicely poised. 8 points to make up and no tacs allowed. Think it’s advantage Poole in a couple of weeks time. 

What 8 pt lead ?

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

What 8 pt lead ?

Leicester have an 8 point lead.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Leicester have an 8 point lead.

Just the way you phrased it,thought  you  had given up an 8 pt lead on the night.

25 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Just the way you phrased it,thought  you  had given up an 8 pt lead on the night.

yes i read it the same way

8 minutes ago, ray c said:

yes i read it the same way

I did at first, then I thought it meant after H12 we were level so we gave away 8 in last 3 heats.

• Like 1

I hope Ben Basso hasn't got concussion from his crash in Denmark on Wednesday. He not only banged his ribs but his head also. Concussion means a 9 day absence from racing these days I believe?!

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I hope Ben Basso hasn't got concussion from his crash in Denmark on Wednesday. He not only banged his ribs but his head also. Concussion means a 9 day absence from racing these days I believe?!

I understand that Basso has a non Speedway related illness and as no medical note was provided he now is suspended for 7 days 

1 minute ago, flagrag said:

I understand that Basso has a non Speedway related illness and as no medical note was provided he now is suspended for 7 days 

Hopefully not Covid again!!!

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

There seems to be conflicting reports. Anyone I speak to that is connected to the club says he got injured in Denmark. The updater from speedway updates said he was ill. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

There seems to be conflicting reports. Anyone I speak to that is connected to the club says he got injured in Denmark. The updater from speedway updates said he was ill. 

It was announced at Leicester that he was missing due to illness

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

It was announced at Leicester that he was missing due to illness

Interesting that nothing was put on Poole twitter about him not being there, until the said who the r/r was taken by in H1. I was told Basso wanted to ride but they wouldn't let him cos he banged his head. Is it 7 day suspension? i thought it was 10? But I could be getting confused with covid!

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting that nothing was put on Poole twitter about him not being there, until the said who the r/r was taken by in H1. I was told Basso wanted to ride but they wouldn't let him cos he banged his head. Is it 7 day suspension? i thought it was 10? But I could be getting confused with covid!

cant see him being a pirate next season 

25 minutes ago, ray c said:

cant see him being a pirate next season 

Why's that 

59 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If it's concussion I believe it's a 9 day mandatory ban. If its illness no sick note it'll be 7 day ban. If it's due to his crash in Denmark then no ban will be in place!

• Thanks 1