British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Leicester v Poole, KO Cup semi-final 1st leg, Sat 18/09/21

7 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Why's that 

Missing to many meetings denmark on a weds as well 

Basso fell in his third ride in Wednesday's final

He can't have been suspended  or Poole wouldn't have been allowed the r/r facility!!

• Like 2

Danny Ford told me last night at Leicester that Basso was ruled out after crashing in Denmark and hurting his ribs.

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Danny Ford told me last night at Leicester that Basso was ruled out after crashing in Denmark and hurting his ribs.

Why did they announce he was ill at the meeting? I still don't get that!

Perhaps I am a bit of a cynic regarding Poole (Me? a cynic regarding Poole shenanigans in the past? Never :D) but, maybe Poole thought that he may not get around the Leicester circuit without a few falls, and declared him ill.

And later discovered that he'd had a fall in Denmark, which was a more acceptable reason for absence?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Why did they announce he was ill at the meeting? I still don't get that!

The Leicester club were not told until 5pm that Basso was not riding and were told that he was ill that is what I assume would go on the referees report. Maybe Phil Griffin pointed out to Middlo that he would now be under a compulsory ban hence why a rib injury has been reported today.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Perhaps I am a bit of a cynic regarding Poole (Me? a cynic regarding Poole shenanigans in the past? Never :D) but, maybe Poole thought that he may not get around the Leicester circuit without a few falls, and declared him ill.

And later discovered that he'd had a fall in Denmark, which was a more acceptable reason for absence?

Save on the air fare more like!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Happened Wednesday but was kept quite until Saturday evening. What a load of bull.

10 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Save on the air fare more like!

Poole are a lot weaker without him and puts a lot more pressure at reserve. If you look at it objectively then it doesn't make any sense. The only issue is why he wasn't there. 

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole are a lot weaker without him and puts a lot more pressure at reserve. If you look at it objectively then it doesn't make any sense. The only issue is why he wasn't there. 

Former Leicester cubs captain at reserve, in hindsight never worked, before the meeting Muddlo must have thought good for double figures. CHEATS.

Last night was a great advert for the sport (IMO). Good aggressive racing from riders prepared to attack the track. A reasonable amount of passing. There could have been more, but people seem to sometimes overlook the fact that the rider in front is skilfully holding a good line to prevent being passed. Lions are pretty good at home and I sometimes think that this, factored in with the reputation of the track, is an excuse for some visiting teams (except for the likes of Poole) performances.

I do get frustrated with our track being criticised (although this has eased a bit this season), like every where else riders pass constantly. Leicester’s track challenges riders technically and I have witnessed the very best (Doyle and Janowski come to mind) providing breath taking races at BP.

Everyone drools about Belle Vue (Kelvin Tatum in particular), but from what I have seen, it’s all about being able to open the throttle on a fast bike.

Over the weekend I have witnessed some of the worst speedway racing I have ever seen in the SON semis. The riders appeared to be racing on a concrete surface with a light covering of powder. What sort of an advert is that for the sport at world championship level?

• Like 1

The racing has definitely got better in the last few weeks, especially  the later heats.

Anyone know why there wasn't any tractor grading after heat 4?