British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Leicester v Poole, KO Cup semi-final 1st leg, Sat 18/09/21

59 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

The racing has definitely got better in the last few weeks, especially  the later heats.

Anyone know why there wasn't any tractor grading after heat 4?

it was decided that a grading wasn't needed at that point,

1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

Last night was a great advert for the sport (IMO). Good aggressive racing from riders prepared to attack the track. A reasonable amount of passing. There could have been more, but people seem to sometimes overlook the fact that the rider in front is skilfully holding a good line to prevent being passed. Lions are pretty good at home and I sometimes think that this, factored in with the reputation of the track, is an excuse for some visiting teams (except for the likes of Poole) performances.

I do get frustrated with our track being criticised (although this has eased a bit this season), like every where else riders pass constantly. Leicester’s track challenges riders technically and I have witnessed the very best (Doyle and Janowski come to mind) providing breath taking races at BP.

Everyone drools about Belle Vue (Kelvin Tatum in particular), but from what I have seen, it’s all about being able to open the throttle on a fast bike.

Over the weekend I have witnessed some of the worst speedway racing I have ever seen in the SON semis. The riders appeared to be racing on a concrete surface with a light covering of powder. What sort of an advert is that for the sport at world championship level?

Janowski wasn't the best when he rode in this country, only come on since he stopped riding here... was pretty good racing last night though. Maybe it was telling that the special one said he was at the track early doors on Saturday morning. I thought last week was pretty rubbish until the interval

Another decent meeting last night. The trilogy of battles between Andersen and Wright over heats 11,13 & 15 were very entertaining, especially heat 15. Heat two was also decent, with no more than a fag paper separating Joe, Zaine and Danyon. At least Danyon was okay after his bum slide on bend 3. Overall, Leicester came good just when they needed it and at least managed to  take an advantage to Poole.

Star man was Nick Morris. 5 perfect gates and was never really troubled.

A special mention to Ben Cook who’s score was not only exceptional for a first time visitor, but rode some smart corners to pass the likes of Douglas around BP.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, iainb said:

Janowski wasn't the best when he rode in this country, only come on since he stopped riding here...

Magic was sensational for Poole when he rode for us. He was a total class act. Won us the league.

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Magic was sensational for Poole when he rode for us. He was a total class act. Won us the league.

Just a homer then

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No he was excellent. Top rider.

8 pointer

21 hours ago, Gambo said:

Perhaps I am a bit of a cynic regarding Poole (Me? a cynic regarding Poole shenanigans in the past? Never :D) but, maybe Poole thought that he may not get around the Leicester circuit without a few falls, and declared him ill.

And later discovered that he'd had a fall in Denmark, which was a more acceptable reason for absence?

It wasn't 'later discovered' - the video of the crash was all over Social media on Wednesday night with the description that he had banged his head and his ribs!!