British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Sheffield Tigers v Peterborough Panthers - Thursday

Book Cook at Home and then use Jorgy in every away meeting. 

TJ always seems to win a heat out of nowhere when having a poor meeting and he always puts in 100% from start to finish when he can easily bury his head in the sand after a couple of bad rides.

I like him as a rider tbh. 

Stay well clear of Riss & Crump as we're better off going with R/R as both of them are having a poor season in all fairness. 

What a meeting, it was nip and tuck up to halfway and then after a team talk from Rob Lyon the Panthers just blitzed them in the second half with some astounding  racing with Chris Harris excelling with a last to first in heat 13.

Not really convinced that Guests for Ulrich have worked, we seem to be better with RR, Mountain was excellent though and I would certainly give him another ride.

Another really great team performance, roll on Monday.

The guests certainly haven't piled in the points at 1 except from King the other week.

Cook at home makes us stronger if we decide to use him it's what to do away. It depends on how fit Palin is when he comes back as if he comes in and scored 3,4,5 points a meeting like the guests have done that's great, we now can't afford duck eggs 

Edited by Flappy

58 minutes ago, Flappy said:

The guests certainly haven't piled in the points at 1 except from King the other week.

Cook at home makes us stronger if we decide to use him it's what to do away. It depends on how fit Palin is when he comes back as if he comes in and scored 3,4,5 points a meeting like the guests have done that's great, we now can't afford duck eggs 

Continued use of RR for match after match clearly takes a toll on man and machine and I think they will mix and match it as they see it over the next few weeks.

I am very impressed with Robs managing style and it’s clear the team do as well.

Sheffield have been badly let down by Batchelor…Holder and Ellis have done their jobs and so have Howarth and Pickering but you cannot win when the rider you signed as number 1 scores like Batchelor has and you have no real reserve strength.

• Like 3

many thanks TO Clean cut sports for uploading heat 13 of the Sheffield v Peterborough,as a speedway fan that is what speedway is all about ,and even the commentry was spot on , what was a sensational ride by Chris Harris.Speedway at its very best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruiser said:

Sheffield have been badly let down by Batchelor…Holder and Ellis have done their jobs and so have Howarth and Pickering but you cannot win when the rider you signed as number 1 scores like Batchelor has and you have no real reserve strength.

apart from when Howarth & Pickering are riding together, and in heats  13 & 15, in effect we have a reserve in every heat, 2 in heats 2 & 8

In those circumstances we have done well to get to the play offs at all

2 hours ago, Bruiser said:

In heat 8 Batchelor was well-placed after the first two corners but appeared to ease up on the third bend to let Pedersen through and then allowed Andersen all the space on the fourth to follow his partner for a 5 - 1.It just strikes me Batchelor doesn't have a fight in him; he just invites opponents to pass him. Two points from a rider who started the season as the league's no.1 is beyond pathetic. He looks like a man who's given up.

14 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

In heat 8 Batchelor was well-placed after the first two corners but appeared to ease up on the third bend to let Pedersen through and then allowed Andersen all the space on the fourth to follow his partner for a 5 - 1.It just strikes me Batchelor doesn't have a fight in him; he just invites opponents to pass him. Two points from a rider who started the season as the league's no.1 is beyond pathetic. He looks like a man who's given up.

And I think you've summed that up spot on...

Just watched that without actually knowing the result, described on the BSPA website as 'sensational' and after 2 laps I'm thinking they must have made a mistake! Outstanding ride from Harris.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes Harris showing holder and Ellis how to ride Sheffield 

I for one am not surprised he loves the track it suits his style 

Super Bomber

2 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Harris on his current form should have been in the Speedway of Nations side.

Really think about it I like mr Harris but he’s had his time at that level 

was there at Cardiff when he had his greatest speedway moment