British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Birmingham (Champ) 1830 19/09/21

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well this is it folks time for the "Fat Lady" to sing....

Possibly the last ever meeting for the Newcastle Diamonds 1929 - 2021... 92 years of History; four world champions; a fantastic tradition with some fantastic teams; great riders; brilliant memories and a life time of friends (and adversaries) from up and down (and across) the country.

The promotion are offering a last walk around the track at the end of the meeting so bring a small bag to take a piece of history with you... potentially your last chance to grab a bit of shale from good old Brough Park... although after last weeks dust fest I have enough down the shower drain to fill in a small pot hole and to be fair I would not have it any other way... well done to Rob Grant and the promotion for steering us through to the end of a very testing season...

So this is it Chris "Bomber" Harris is surely a draw for the locals and Eric Riss who has expressed on more than one occasion of his liking for Brough Park and our very own adopted Geordie Ashley Morris must give the Brummies' a bit of hope in getting a result... and here is the contentious bit... its just straight up the M6 turn right on the A69 and follow the signs for Newcastle then Byker (other routes are available and will no doubt be advised upon accordingly)

Should be a good meeting and according to XC Weather https://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/NE6_2XJ it will be fair and rain free but wrap up because it will feel cold as it pulled in a bit against Edinburgh and was feeling a bit nippy before the end.

Oh and buy your ticket on line or get there early as the stadium capacity for the crowd is 2500... lol... I have been told that everyone who has ever been there and been a fan from over the last 50 years will be there on Sunday night so you have been warned...

Oh and "edit pending" once the teams are known I will stick them in here however I think Newcastle will be running with R/R for Matty Weathers

Regards
THJ

If some don't fancy the track walk & want some of the hallowed shale I've got plenty in my van off our young'ns bike from Sunday night so I'll fetch some up free of charge lol but any donations goes to the club ha

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well this is it folks time for the "Fat Lady" to sing....

Possibly the last ever meeting for the Newcastle Diamonds 1929 - 2021... 92 years of History; four world champions; a fantastic tradition with some fantastic teams; great riders; brilliant memories and a life time of friends (and adversaries) from up and down (and across) the country.

The promotion are offering a last walk around the track at the end of the meeting so bring a small bag to take a piece of history with you... potentially your last chance to grab a bit of shale from good old Brough Park... although after last weeks dust fest I have enough down the shower drain to fill in a small pot hole and to be fair I would not have it any other way... well done to Rob Grant and the promotion for steering us through to the end of a very testing season...

So this is it Chris "Bomber" Harris is surely a draw for the locals and Eric Riss who has expressed on more than one occasion of his liking for Brough Park and our very own adopted Geordie Ashley Morris must give the Brummies' a bit of hope in getting a result... and here is the contentious bit... its just straight up the M6 turn right on the A69 and follow the signs for Newcastle then Byker (other routes are available and will no doubt be advised upon accordingly)

Should be a good meeting and according to XC Weather https://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/NE6_2XJ it will be fair and rain free but wrap up because it will feel cold as it pulled in a bit against Edinburgh and was feeling a bit nippy before the end.

Oh and buy your ticket on line or get there early as the stadium capacity for the crowd is 2500... lol... I have been told that everyone who has ever been there and been a fan from over the last 50 years will be there on Sunday night so you have been warned...

Oh and "edit pending" once the teams are known I will stick them in here however I think Newcastle will be running with R/R for Matty Weathers

Regards
THJ

It'll be a tough night come ht 15 when the realisation curtains start drawing in on our famous club which has been 1 of the best in the country trophy wise across the board from world champs national League riders champs League cup & fours champs & we have great memories 

• Like 3

Once again I can’t attend (isolating with COVID) but will buy a ticket online. Anything that might persuade Rob to give it one more crack. I would also sponsor a heat in 2022 if we beat the odds and make it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

It'll be a tough night come ht 15 when the realisation curtains start drawing in on our famous club which has been 1 of the best in the country trophy wise across the board from world champs national League riders champs League cup & fours champs & we have great memories 

Think it will be an emotional time, but one to be savored. The world will still be spinning and, for Newcastle Speedway,,, the only way out, is to get out.

Hopefully a new home can/could be found, but the current situation is akin to a money pit. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Think it will be an emotional time, but one to be savored. The world will still be spinning and, for Newcastle Speedway,,, the only way out, is to get out.

Hopefully a new home can/could be found, but the current situation is akin to a money pit. 

Also whoever would take it on & they will need a huge money pit ( Mr Ashley ) as if they found a piece of land you can bet your bottom dollars that the likes of miller homes etc will gladly step on the toes to build another unaffordable housing development 

6 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Also whoever would take it on & they will need a huge money pit ( Mr Ashley ) as if they found a piece of land you can bet your bottom dollars that the likes of miller homes etc will gladly step on the toes to build another unaffordable housing development 

Are those all the unaffordable housing developments that are sold out?

10 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Even tho it would be like clarty rags to someone like that, but Mr. Ashley has probably got where he is by selling inferior products to a lower end market. In a place the size of Newcastle, struggling to get 500 fans for speedway, it would probably not be worth looking at, IMO,,, Supply and Demand. 

• Like 1

So here is the latest

Newcastle not running with R/R now as Paul Starke will be Guesting in place of Matty Wethers and Birmingham will be using James Sarjeant at 6 as Paco Castagna is on International duty.  They will still be using R/R for James Shanes 

NEWCASTLE: Ben Barker, Connor Mountain, James Wright, Max Clegg, Paul Starke, Archie Freeman, Adam Roynon.

BIRMINGHAM: Chris Harris, Josh McDonald , James Shanes R/R, Ashley Morris, Erik Riss, James Sarjeant, Leon Flint.

Regards

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So here is the latest

Newcastle not running with R/R now as Paul Starke will be Guesting in place of Matty Wethers and Birmingham will be using James Sarjeant at 6 as Paco Castagna is on International duty.  They will still be using R/R for James Shanes 

NEWCASTLE: Ben Barker, Connor Mountain, James Wright, Max Clegg, Paul Starke, Archie Freeman, Adam Roynon.

BIRMINGHAM: Chris Harris, Valentin Grobauer, James Shanes R/R, Ashley Morris, Erik Riss, James Sarjeant, Jack Thomas

Regards

THJ

Try for birmingham:

harris

mcDonald

rider rep for shanes 

Morris 

riss

Sarjant

Flint 

As announced at Brum tonight 

Grobsuer  snd Paco in the  SON and Thomas injured 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Really Josh Mac  riding for the Brummies, who have to win to overcome the Scorpions to 6th in the league!!!  Josh is a Scorpion, I give up , only in British Speedway???:rolleyes:

Edited by scunny1
spelling mistake
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Really Josh Mac is riding for the Brummies, who have to win to overcome the Scorpions to 6th in the league!!!  Josh is a Scorpion, I give up , only in British Speedway???:rolleyes:

And Barker & Roynon would be in my favourite ever Brummies septet, yet they're riding to stop Brummies overhauling Scorpions! :)

It would take two unimaginable big wins over the Diamonds for Brummies to make the playoffs in all honesty!  Without even considering Kent.

16 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Are those all the unaffordable housing developments that are sold out?

Yip as it creates plenty of debt for our banks/building societies etc who offer deals on mortgages which is still very hard for our younger generations to get onto the Ladders as it's the money people who buy up the plots & flog them on at a bigger profit

16 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Really Josh Mac  riding for the Brummies, who have to win to overcome the Scorpions to 6th in the league!!!  Josh is a Scorpion, I give up , only in British Speedway???:rolleyes:

That's crazy really, I know he will want to take as many bookings as possible for the financial aspect etc, but surely he cannot risk his own side missing out on the play-offs for a few extra £££? (assuming he contributes well) I am surprised Birmingham booked him at all to be honest. Will just have to see how he gets on and hopefully doesn't get injured!

Edited by stumper