British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Birmingham (Champ) 1830 19/09/21

Regardless of the result of this meeting, (and I am a lifelong supporter of Birmingham), I wish Newcastle and their loyal supporters, well. I hope that the attendance for this match will be big enough to convince either the current promotion or any prospective new promotion, that the club does have a future, and that they might have a re-think about carrying on.

As far as Josh McDonald is concerned, it is ludicrous to suggest that he is intending to approach this meeting with an intention to make no effort. He is a young Australian rider who has made a promising start to his British career and will be wanting to emphasise this. Whether we like it or not (and I definitely don't!), guest bookings are an established part of speedway, and McDonald will be more than anxious to show that he is a rider worth booking when the need arises.

I don't expect him to hit double figures, but I expect a return commensurate with his known ability. 

• Like 3

The Leon Flint fiasco continues. No blame to Leon himself, quite the opposite, it is his great progress which shows how poorly thought out the rules are.

Leon scoring good points in the Premiership but able to guest at reserve for Championship teams, standing in for riders on much lower averages because of the Rising Star system. He will be constantly in demand for the closing Championship fixtures, the Playoffs and the KO Cup and could decide the title.

One of the few teams he definitely can't ride at reserve for is Berwick!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Yip as it creates plenty of debt for our banks/building societies etc who offer deals on mortgages which is still very hard for our younger generations to get onto the Ladders as it's the money people who buy up the plots & flog them on at a bigger profit

But they are still sold out ? No demand no sale?

7 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Yip as it creates plenty of debt for our banks/building societies etc who offer deals on mortgages which is still very hard for our younger generations to get onto the Ladders as it's the money people who buy up the plots & flog them on at a bigger profit

16 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

But they are still sold out ? No demand no sale?

Money is the root of all evil. :t:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Money is the root of all evil. :t:

And drugs !

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jenga said:

And drugs !

Ok, maybe greed and envy then, whatever makes the pie thicker.  :t:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

And Rock and Roll...

See,,,posting again simultaneously,,,, maybe our brains are tuned in? ;)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Al Stewart said:

The Leon Flint fiasco continues. No blame to Leon himself, quite the opposite, it is his great progress which shows how poorly thought out the rules are.

Leon scoring good points in the Premiership but able to guest at reserve for Championship teams, standing in for riders on much lower averages because of the Rising Star system. He will be constantly in demand for the closing Championship fixtures, the Playoffs and the KO Cup and could decide the title.

One of the few teams he definitely can't ride at reserve for is Berwick!

Nothing new regarding poorly thought out rules,the last time something similar was introduced Steve Boxall make a mockery of it.They  haven’t work out why the fans are so bothered about yet.Maybe be mentioned  at AGM though .

Edited by Fromafar

On 9/15/2021 at 9:48 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So here is the latest

Newcastle not running with R/R now as Paul Starke will be Guesting in place of Matty Wethers and Birmingham will be using James Sarjeant at 6 as Paco Castagna is on International duty.  They will still be using R/R for James Shanes 

NEWCASTLE: Ben Barker, Connor Mountain, James Wright, Max Clegg, Paul Starke, Archie Freeman, Adam Roynon.

BIRMINGHAM: Chris Harris, Josh McDonald , James Shanes R/R, Ashley Morris, Erik Riss, James Sarjeant, Leon Flint.

Regards

THJ

Why is Grobauer missing in the first place?

He is not one of the German senior pairing (Huckenbeck & Smolinski) in Semi-Final Two of the SON @ Daugavpils on Saturday.

Given his poor form, it is "convenient" & advantageous that McDonald can replace the German on Sunday :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Why is Grobauer missing in the first place?

He is not one of the German senior pairing (Huckenbeck & Smolinski) in Semi-Final Two of the SON @ Daugavpils on Saturday.

Given his poor form, it is "convenient" & advantageous that McDonald can replace the German on Sunday :rolleyes:

Grobauer has replaced Smolinski (injured)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Nothing new regarding poorly thought out rules,the last time something similar was introduced Steve Boxall make a mockery of it.They  haven’t work out why the fans are so bothered about yet.Maybe be mentioned  at AGM though .

..and John  Armstrong.

I was at Newcastle for the Poole & Plymouth double header and sincerely hope Newcastle is saved.

One thing I don't understand is how negative all the media is surrounding this meeting and the future of Newcastle speedway. Just look at the headline in speedway star, Diamonds not Forever. There's not even a question mark at the end of the headline which I think is bang out of order! 

Talk about kick a club when it's down! :nono:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, PirateShip said:

Hope Newcastle is saved. One thing I don't understand is how negative all the media is surrounding this meeting and the future of Newcastle speedway. Just look at the headline in speedway star, Diamonds not Forever. There's not even a question mark at the end of the headline which I think is bang out of order! 

Talk about kick a club when it's down! :nono:

I think the negativity is because it coming from people who have witnessed what is happening at the Club over the last few seasons and now that Granty  is bailing out they realise it more than most.!!