British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Birmingham (Champ) 1830 19/09/21

31 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I think the negativity is because it coming from people who have witnessed what is happening at the Club over the last few seasons and now that Granty  is bailing out they realise it more than most.!!

Maybe so but if you want a future ......always look on the bright side of life? Any club/business, given the right management, can be transformed. So I'd like to think that someone will come in there & get things back on track :t:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, cyclone said:

Why is Grobauer missing in the first place?

He is not one of the German senior pairing (Huckenbeck & Smolinski) in Semi-Final Two of the SON @ Daugavpils on Saturday.

Yes he is - Smolinski's out through injury.

https://www.speedwayofnations.com/son/news/article/9240/smolinski-out-of-son-semi-finals

Any other fake news ?

Can't believe Birmingham have booked Mcdonald as a guest either way the lad can't win this sort of fiasco can only happen in British speedway 

Taken off Facebook:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN REGARD TO TOMORROW'S MEETING.....

We will be opening the gates/turnstiles tomorrow half an hour early to try and alleviate any undue pressure on the gates and give everyone as quick of an entry as possible. Gates will now be OPEN FROM 5PM.

Car Park - there will be parking attendants in operation tomorrow to ensure we can fit as many cars as possible into the car park. Please do listen to the advice of these attendants when parking your vehicle and remain vigilant and courteous to other car park users around you.

Mascots - we WILL be having a parade tomorrow evening and therefore we will be giving any youngsters the chance to partake in the running of the evening and offering mascot positions to any of our young fans. Please make sure to message us prior to attending in order to get your child's/children's name down on the list.

TICKETS - There has been some confusion over admission prices this week. Can we just clarify that the £38 admission charge is for the VIP HOSPITALITY PACKAGE ONLY. This must be booked online in ADVANCE.

Normal admission prices are as follows:

Adults - £17

Concessions - £14

Child (5-16) - £3

Under 5s - FREE

We recommend purchasing your tickets online now at

https://www.trybooking.co.uk/BFQF for ease of entry at the gate.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone trackside tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me what is the age, applicable to concessions tickets. 
is it 60 or, 65 please? 

Edited by the hobbit

On 9/17/2021 at 3:33 PM, PirateShip said:

Maybe so but if you want a future ......always look on the bright side of life? Any club/business, given the right management, can be transformed. So I'd like to think that someone will come in there & get things back on track :t:

This 100%.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Can anyone tell me what is the age, applicable to concessions tickets. 
is it 60 or, 65 please? 

According to trybooking system concessions are 65 & over

I got my Concessionary Bus Pass in 2006 when I was 60 because a woman could retire then at that age and get her State Pension but in the next 5 years

the payment of the State Pension was altered each year until it matched the men's age and Bus Passes qualification was also altered until you didn't get one

until you were 65.

When I took early retirement at the end of 2006 I didn't get my state pension until I was 65 but got 5 years extra credit in my payments towards a full pension,

looking online just now almost all state you must be 65 or over to get a Speedway Concessionary Ticket but only Ipswich give Tickets to any one 60 or over. 

Edited by scampispeedway
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Brummiestormer said:

Was coming up for this but the weather forecast has put paid to that.....to far for a rain off for me!

Looking on xcweather I think we will be clear of any wet stuff by 12 and should be good to go... even the Met Office forcaste doesn't look too bad and if I were a gambling man I would say unless we get a deluge of some description and the track ends up under water the meeting will on for sure...

Regards

THJ

NEWCASTLE: Ben Barker, Connor Mountain, James Wright, Max Clegg, Paul Starke, Archie Freeman, Adam Roynon.

BIRMINGHAM: Chris Harris, Josh MacDonald, James Shanes r/r, Ashley Morris, Erik Riss, James Sarjeant, Leon Flint.

There will be a two minutes of silence in memory of Dave Tattum before tonights meeting: