British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Crusader

17/09/21 1930 Armadale v Kent

Ndl racing recommences for Kent after a long gap. However almost half the side are missing!! Joke sport comes to mind. But this league is to bring on the juniors I suppose. And as long as entry is sensibly priced you get your fix.

Meeting will be fully live-streamed, as all fixtures are from Armadale.    Available worldwide, except for those within 25 miles of the track.  Details from club website...

On 9/16/2021 at 8:09 AM, Old Crusader said:

Ndl racing recommences for Kent after a long gap. However almost half the side are missing!! Joke sport comes to mind. But this league is to bring on the juniors I suppose. And as long as entry is sensibly priced you get your fix.

Yeah Kent going without a heat leader is pretty frustrating,  there isn't exactly bucket loads of dates with NL fixtures on them, seeing as most of the field are NL riders it should surely of been relatively easy to find a better date that didn't clash.

Hopefully Jacob and Josh continue there improved speed and performance. And Alex is in the points, then we may have a chance. All we want from vinnie is 4 safe races, points don't matter just get the experience under your belt and enjoy it.

Having watched the two young brothers (thier names escape me) practicing at Redcar a couple of weeks back, they look a class pair with bright futures and could well be match winners tonight.

Edited by teaboy279
Spelling error*

Whilst its all about development a loss tonight could affectively end Kents league winning hopes. Tough and technical track for Foord and Warren on their first looks at it and whilst the Millars are certainly not world beaters i would expect them to pack out enough minor placings to keep the Royals from getting any points here

Watched this on the live stream an it was a very enjoyable match. Riders missing on both sides but those there gave 100% effort. Kent more affected by missing riders but this was evened up by George Rothery's machine problems all night until he finally came out on borrowed machinery to win his last heat. There was heavy rain early on but these NDL lads just got on with it. 

For the Devils Danny and Tom were rock solid but I've been very impressed with the improvement in both the Millar boys this season - especially Gregor. This is exactly what this league is supposed to do. For Kent, Alex Spooner and Vinnie Foord caught the eye with battling and skilful performances. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst its all about development a loss tonight could affectively end Kents league winning hopes. Tough and technical track for Foord and Warren on their first looks at it and whilst the Millars are certainly not world beaters i would expect them to pack out enough minor placings to keep the Royals from getting any points here

I still think it’s Kent’s to lose but the weather will play a huge part now. Even if Mildenhall get 4 points at Armadale and beat Berwick at home then they’ll end on 23 points and Kent can match that by winning their 5 home meetings. But even one postponement could cost them the title. 

• Like 1

You beat me to it Old Crusader. Expected to see him in the line up at Scunny. 

Bit of a joke with no NDL meetings for months, then the day they do race only half the team turns up due to a clash with another  “ under some age or other “ championship. 

Kent aren’t serious NDL participants this season IMO, and will struggle to complete their home fixtures, all crammed together in late autumn/ early winter. 

Lets see if they can manage to parade 7 riders (and no guests) before the season is completed. 

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

You beat me to it Old Crusader. Expected to see him in the line up at Scunny. 

Bit of a joke with no NDL meetings for months, then the day they do race only half the team turns up due to a clash with another  “ under some age or other “ championship. 

Kent aren’t serious NDL participants this season IMO, and will struggle to complete their home fixtures, all crammed together in late autumn/ early winter. 

Lets see if they can manage to parade 7 riders (and no guests) before the season is completed. 

Dear Old Bob, critical to the extreme.  It is not the club's fault that there were 5 rained off fixtures that pushed all the NL matches into

September and October. The line up of riders is terrific and will IMO take the title if no meetings are rained off. The 1 point gained at Armadale

last night could prove decisive.  I am looking forward to seeing Vinnie Foord at Central Park.  Good score on his debut in Scotland on a track

he had never seen before.

• Like 1

Let’s hope Jake isn’t injured ? Last seen at the Swingfield British Masters Grass Meeting. 

The scheduling of the NDL fixtures at Kent was always planned to be at the end of the season after the CL fixtures. A high risk strategy given the known challenges around track availability.  Seems that only Tuesday’s are an option ... even when Tuesday’s are rained off ? 

......if Kent had made the CL p.offs they would not complete their NDL home fixtures, even after the demise of Newcastle Gems. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Let’s hope Jake isn’t injured ? Last seen at the Swingfield British Masters Grass Meeting. 

The scheduling of the NDL fixtures at Kent was always planned to be at the end of the season after the CL fixtures. A high risk strategy given the known challenges around track availability.  Seems that only Tuesday’s are an option ... even when Tuesday’s are rained off ? 

......if Kent had made the CL p.offs they would not complete their NDL home fixtures, even after the demise of Newcastle Gems. 

Would love to hear how you would have planned the fixtures for the Kent Royals ?  Or would you not have had the Royals in your plans at all ?  Sensible, but the club

would not have produced Jake Mulford, and now, Vinnie Foord.  But I suppose both of these kids would have waited for 2022 ?  Oh, yes, and Spooner has suddenly

taken a turn for the better too. Or maybe you hadn't noticed.  Oh, I forgot Danny Gilkes. Where did he spring from ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Old Crusader said:

Ok but where was Jake Mulford please?

He took a couple of heavy tumbles at the masters last Sunday.

Thanks City Rebel.... hope i

he is fit for the remaining speedway fixtures.

East End Fan.... think it’s a bit of a stretch to name Jake, Dan and Eastbourne’s Vinnie Ford as products of the Kent Royals NDL team.....when they have ridden what one or two home NDL fixtures this season. 

As for fixture planning, call me sensible, but yes running an NDL side in 2021 seemed a big risk with the late start and very limited track availability.Still I am not privy (nor do I expect to be) to  the Kent club or NDL  finances and NDL league planning that took place in 2021 that  saw IoW not running at all , and later both Newcastle Gems and Eastbourne Seagulls  pull out.

Len is a staunch advocate of regular weekly racing, ( and I agree with him ) but 2021 was not a year to launch a new CL side and continue to run an NDL side IMO. 

• Like 2