British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Edinburgh Play Offs

1 hour ago, King Jamie said:

Nathan Greaves has a lot to answer for, leaving not one but two teams well and truly in the lurch. I hope he's proud of himself.

Hi pal hope you are well.

Ouch! Personally I would say that if your heart and mind aren't totally in it then riding a 500cc monster probably isn't the best idea for you ir those you race with. 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Could you not use Bickley has has his moments at Armadale?

Not sure. Was he a rising star? If not can’t see why he couldn’t use him.

9 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

He is a4 star ,but his average is lower that Greaves so why not a replacement guest for Greaves.

14 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Used him last Friday against Birmingham did you not?

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Used him last Friday against Birmingham did you not?

We did.

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He is a4 star ,but his average is lower that Greaves so why not a replacement guest for Greaves.

Obviously we can use him. He is one of a very small number of suitable candidates.

47 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

Obviously we can use him. He is one of a very small number of suitable candidates.

He decent at Armadale at reserve and r/r for Rowe looks a good option now that you have Kemp.Finding a guest for Rowe with such a small average is a bigger gamble IMo.

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

A bit harsh on Greaves,when your struggling  losing money and having a sh#t time,riding a speedway bike can’t be much fun.

If he was struggling and losing money at the start of September, it follows that he was also struggling and losing money at the end of August.

Therefore, if he wished to quit, at least have the courtesy to do it before the deadline and give us a chance to replace him.

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Hi pal hope you are well.

Ouch! Personally I would say that if your heart and mind aren't totally in it then riding a 500cc monster probably isn't the best idea for you ir those you race with. 

Good evening Mr Bagpuss.

For the avoidance of doubt, I did like Nathan Greaves. I was happy when we signed him. "He'll do a job" I thought. And he did for a while.

Seems like the crash at Beirut was the beginning of the end for him. Told you it was a second rate ploughed field :wink:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He decent at Armadale at reserve and r/r for Rowe looks a good option now that you have Kemp.Finding a guest for Rowe with such a small average is a bigger gamble IMo.

R/R is currently the only option for Rowe. Guests are for top 3 only (unless someone else is out)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

R/R is currently the only option for Rowe. Guests are for top 3 only (unless someone else is out)

Not doubting you but how can Brummies track 3 guests today.

Josh MacDonald at number 2.

Just now, Endeavour said:

Not doubting you but how can Brummies track 3 guests today.

Josh MacDonald at number 2.

R/r for James shanes. They have 4 riders missing

Just now, Jaizer said:

R/r for James shanes. They have 4 riders missing

Thanks Jaizer. 

Thanks Jaizer. 

As I understand it, and could be wrong, if more than one of top 5 is injured can have a guest for any of top 5 but if only one rider missing can use a guest only for top 3 in averages. Only in speedway could rules be that convoluted

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

As I understand it, and could be wrong, if more than one of top 5 is injured can have a guest for any of top 5 but if only one rider missing can use a guest only for top 3 in averages. Only in speedway could rules be that convoluted

So we can’t recall Lawson but he can ride for Armadale Devils in 2 matches in National League.

Rowe signed in good faith but looks as if he out for season like Greaves.

Six rider team for play offs with only reserves and Kye covering for Anders. 

So we can’t recall Lawson but he can ride for Armadale Devils in 2 matches in National League.

Rowe signed in good faith but looks as if he out for season like Greaves.

Six rider team for play offs with only reserves and Kye covering for Anders. 

Yeah looks that way. I understand why they brought in transfer deadline but think should be extended to include injury replacements as I'd rather see 7 man teams in the play offs rather than guests and r/r

• Like 1