British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Edinburgh Play Offs

11 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Why can’t Redcar and Edinburgh have their matches next week if 4th and 5th.

If not possible and we qualify for next round of cup surely we could race at least one leg of the cup match against Glasgow.

I trust the one leg of the cup match against Glasgow would be the away leg? Given that we're not at Birmingham 'til Wednesday night, it wouldn't exactly leave much time to produce a programme for Friday, let alone trying to sell hospitality space, etc.

Regardless, the BlueBus Bears will be in town. Roll on Friday...

As an old schooler I'll never ever take 100% satisfaction from the play off format. However, well done Poole on finishing 1st. Thoroughly deserved.

Monarchs road to greatness is Redcar, Poole then Leicester/Glasgow. It's a real long shot and an awful lot would have to break right so highly unlikely. 

36 minutes ago, Prentice1874 said:

As an old schooler I'll never ever take 100% satisfaction from the play off format. However, well done Poole on finishing 1st. Thoroughly deserved.

Monarchs road to greatness is Redcar, Poole then Leicester/Glasgow. It's a real long shot and an awful lot would have to break right so highly unlikely. 

Not 100% that would be the case, as far as I’m aware Poole get to choose who they face in the semi haven’t seen anywhere confirmed they would pick the Monarchs/Redcar

9 minutes ago, gmuncie said:

Not 100% that would be the case, as far as I’m aware Poole get to choose who they face in the semi haven’t seen anywhere confirmed they would pick the Monarchs/Redcar

Middle would get a nosebleed travelling to Redcar or Armadale.

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

Middle would get a nosebleed travelling to Redcar or Armadale.

Think it's conjecture based on Poole's performances at Redcar and Edinburgh in comparison to Scunthorpe and Leicester

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Poole might pick Glasgow;)

Would have been nice to beat them in the final, but if we have to knock them out in the semifinal so be it. ;)

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Poole might pick Glasgow;)

Didn't know was an option..assumed had to pick one of teams finished 3rd to 6th

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

I'm pretty sure you're right. The top 2 can't be paired against each other in the semis.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

They get first pick they can choose any of the other 3 teams in the semi.

just using the scenario in the other league with P’boro choosing Wolves who finished 1st and 2nd so would imagine that the 2nd tier would be the same.

But as we all know we don’t know.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

From the BSPA website. Read it as Poole cannot pick Glasgow - 

PLAY-OFF PICTURE - HOW IT WORKS
- The quarter-finals will consist of the 3rd v 6th placed team and 4th v 5th placed team, the top two teams will go direct to the semi-final.
- The team who finishes top will have the pick of the quarter-final winners in the semi-finals.
- All ties are over two legs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tbh I am pretty confident we wouldn't have picked Glasgow even if we were allowed. Surely plan has to be: avoid Leicester and Glasgow til the final, if we get that far! 

1 hour ago, gmuncie said:

I assume Poole will pick Monarchs or Redcar and avoid Leicester. Especially given how they rode at Armadale a couple of weeks ago.

10 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Don’t think that is correct

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think that is correct

Post above quoting the bspa website kinda confirms it no?

• Like 1