British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Edinburgh Play Offs

14 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Didn't know was an option..assumed had to pick one of teams finished 3rd to 6th

3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th for the quarter-finals. Poole then have the choice of the quarter final winners for the semi-finals.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th for the quarter-finals. Poole then have the choice of the other three clubs for the semi-finals.

As the earlier post states, Poole get the choice of which quarter-final winner they will race against in the semi-final -- they will not be able to choose Glasgow, who will not have contested the quarter-finals.

Poole also have choice of holding first or second leg of their semi (and final, if they progress).

As quoted, this is all listed in rule-book:  012.1.1

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

As the earlier post states, Poole get the choice of which quarter-final winner they will race against in the semi-final -- they will not be able to choose Glasgow, who will not have contested the quarter-finals.

Poole also have choice of holding first or second leg of their semi (and final, if they progress).

As quoted, this is all listed in rule-book:  012.1.1

That’s correct, my mistake - original post now edited.

14 hours ago, gmuncie said:

Not 100% that would be the case, as far as I’m aware Poole get to choose who they face in the semi haven’t seen anywhere confirmed they would pick the Monarchs/Redcar

If Monarchs beat Redcar I feel pretty sure Poole will pick Edinburgh rather than Leicester (assuming they beat Scunthorpe).

17 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

That’s correct, my mistake - original post now edited.

Unusual event from the go to man for rules and regs! :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Unusual event from the go to man for rules and regs! :rolleyes:

:-) Must get my eyes tested…….

11 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

:-) Must get my eyes tested…….

Should ask a referee. According to most fans I know, all referees should have Specsavers on speed dial.

5 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Are Tac Subs allowed in the play offs?  

If I've read the rule correctly :-), no.

Art 013.6.4 A Tactical Substitute (TS)
Is not applicable in a 2 legged tie

Thank you, wasn’t sure if league rules applied or if it went to cup rules, more confusion. 

3 hours ago, Prentice1874 said:

If Monarchs beat Redcar I feel pretty sure Poole will pick Edinburgh rather than Leicester (assuming they beat Scunthorpe).

Would have thought so.

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Edinburgh could win this.

Would be great Gazc.  for me a decent guest at reserve will be crucial and how Anders will ride. Hopefully go back to Redcar and prove a point. 
Weather forecast not looking great.

It would be nothing short of farce and a major embarrassment for speedway if Edinburgh were to win the league this season.

I know we must all bow down to the insane American obsession of back door winners and second chances aplenty but any team finishing a distant fifth during the qualifying campaign shouldn't even be given the opportunity to plunge yet another dagger into the heart of a once beautiful sport.

• Like 2