British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Edinburgh Play Offs

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I could be wrong but didn't Poole get special dispensation to use Nick Morris in the final to avoid Ellis appearing for both sides? 

Ah yes, that was it! I knew another rider was involved but I couldn't remember who it was! lol. 

So if they didn't allow it then, they definitely not going to allow it now! 

Has it been confirmed if Anders Rowe is out for season. Can’t see him listed in tonight’s under 19 GB Meet at Scunny.

5 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Has it been confirmed if Anders Rowe is out for season. Can’t see him listed in tonight’s under 19 GB Meet at Scunny.

If he is can we replace him or is it r/r for the remainder of the season? Wullie back? 

3 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

If he is can we replace him or is it r/r for the remainder of the season? Wullie back? 

Mike Hunter had excellent letter in Speedway Star  re Lawson situation ie Monarchs not allowed to recall him. Saying that he was out practising at Armadale tonight - recognised sound of his bike - after Devils match so who knows. Can we use Flint at reserve for some matches?

willy going to ride for the devils in nl from what i was told tonight 

4 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Thought he wasn’t allowed?

10 hours ago, mac101 said:

Would that make him eligible to guest for Greaves in the CL?

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Would that make him eligible to guest for Greaves in the CL?

He’s allowed a maximum of two matches guesting for any team in the NDL. No go in the Championship. 

Edited by Al Stewart

Where is Bobby's outrage on this as he seemed to be outraged at signing a Pole without a visa that did have a visa tut tut.

1 hour ago, Al Stewart said:

He’s allowed a maximum of two matches guesting for any team in the NDL. No go in the Championship. 

What a farce just let him ride.It’s not his fault that the Team dropped him,if he is happy to comeback and ride for them and his average fits let him ride,it better that the farcical rising star situation where Flint will be guesting for the highest bidder for the rest of the season( through no fault of his own,just through the ill thought out rules as usual)

Did the transfer deadline apply to the NL as well as the top two leagues?

If so, I can understand why the powers that be wouldn't allow William to sign for Armadale. Going beyond that, he is therefore not in a declared 1-7 and so can't guest in Championship or above.

If the deadline does not apply, then the decision would be illogical, albeit not completely unsurprising.

Nathan Greaves has a lot to answer for, leaving not one but two teams well and truly in the lurch. I hope he's proud of himself.

21 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Did the transfer deadline apply to the NL as well as the top two leagues?

If so, I can understand why the powers that be wouldn't allow William to sign for Armadale. Going beyond that, he is therefore not in a declared 1-7 and so can't guest in Championship or above.

If the deadline does not apply, then the decision would be illogical, albeit not completely unsurprising.

Nathan Greaves has a lot to answer for, leaving not one but two teams well and truly in the lurch. I hope he's proud of himself.

A bit harsh on Greaves,when your struggling  losing money and having a sh#t time,riding a speedway bike can’t be much fun.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mac101 said:

Can be a ‘guest’ for the Devils just for 2 matches.

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

A bit harsh on Greaves,when your struggling  losing money and having a sh#t time,riding a speedway bike can’t be much fun.

I agree to a certain extent. Just unfortunate he retired after Monarchs dropped William Lawson. We can only use Leon Flint at reserve to replace Drew Kemp. So essentially going into play offs with 5 riders in our team with guest reserve and possibly R/R at 2

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

I agree to a certain extent. Just unfortunate he retired after Monarchs dropped William Lawson. We can only use Leon Flint at reserve to replace Drew Kemp. So essentially going into play offs with 5 riders in our team with guest reserve and possibly R/R at 2

Could you not use Bickley has has his moments at Armadale?