British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
singy13

PLRC and CLRC ????

Pardon my ignorance, if I've missed something, although I have searched a tad for info.

However I'll ask anyway.....Is there, this season, going to be a PLRC, and a CLRC ?

Presumably the Premiership being at the NSS and the latter as usual at Owlerton.

Or given the 'doubling up' by so many riders are both meetings therefore too difficult to arrange accordingly?  Anyone know?

Was talk of a Premier League individual meeting, but assume it won't happen ( this year at least) .

With the Championship Play offs being shortened from 6 1/2 weeks to 5 weeks, I would think it would be VERY difficult to arrange a CLRC.

Edited by IronScorpion

15 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Shortened season, so couldn't be fitted in this year. Assume they will return in 2022.

Yet Belle Vue can fit a Peter Craven Memorial in and Mildenhall can fit a Mildenhall vs Fen Tiger Select.

Perhaps the IOW should put these meetings on...

I surprised nobody had thought to combine the PLRC & CLRC using (where possible) all teams No1’s as a one-off for this season

Possible line up:-

Dan  Bewley                        - Belle Vue

Danny King                          - Ipswich

Richard Lawson                  - King’s Lynn

Michael Palm Toft            - Peterborough

Jack Holder                        - Sheffield

Sam Masters                     - Wolverhampton

N Busk Jakobsen              -  Berwick

Chris Harris                       - Birmingham

Richard Worrell                 - Edinburgh

Craig Cook                         - Glasgow

Scott Nicholls                   - Kent

Nick  Morris                      - Leicester

Rory Schlein                      - Poole

Bjarne  Pedersen             - Plymouth

Charles Wright                 - Redcar

Adam Ellis                        - Scunthorpe

You would have a Rider’s Championship where all teams (& supporters of those teams) would have a representative. Riders would be in team body colours of the team they are representing. The fans from all teams would have a reason to attend, the CLRC at Sheffield is always well attended, combine that with supporters from Premier League teams and hold it at the National Stadium, it would have the makings for a bumper crowd, ideally on a Saturday Night/Sunday Afternoon (if Pos).

The only team to miss-out would be Newcastle, by virtue of their Number 1 having the lowest average.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, pvm said:

I surprised nobody had thought to combine the PLRC & CLRC using (where possible) all teams No1’s as a one-off for this season

You would have a Rider’s Championship where all teams (& supporters of those teams) would have a representative. Riders would be in team body colours of the team they are representing. The fans from all teams would have a reason to attend, the CLRC at Sheffield is always well attended, combine that with supporters from Premier League teams and hold it at the National Stadium, it would have the makings for a bumper crowd, ideally on a Saturday Night/Sunday Afternoon (if Pos).

The only team to miss-out would be Newcastle, by virtue of their Number 1 having the lowest average.

I was mulling over posting something similar myself, but with the PL number ones being handicapped to level the the field. I would award 2 titles... top PL scorer and top CL scorer, giving each league its own champion.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:59 AM, pvm said:

This is a great suggestion. What sort of attendance could be reasonably expected? 

On 9/17/2021 at 11:59 AM, pvm said:

This is the best suggestion of the year, reminds me of the BLRC that used to be held at Hyde Road.

Surely this could be staged and a sell out attendance to boot.

Surely Masters represents Edinburgh and Wolves, allowing a Newcastle representative (Barker) into the field. [Morris (Prem) and Nicholls (Champ) would be the highest average riders not in the field]