British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BartoszZmarzlikFan

Panthers vs. Tigers 20/09 Live on EUROSPORT

Shock win for Sheffield

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

That seems rather odd logic to be honest.

Not necessarily. If you came 1st, pick a team and then go out, people will say you should have picked another team. Whereas if you don't have the choice it is out of your control, you just have to get on with it. Just a mind/psychological thing.

2 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

I don’t think it was the track that was the only reason we won tonight. We were making gates for the first time this season pretty consistently (which we haven’t this season at all ) and we were more aggressive on track. All our team contributed on the same night for the first time. Peterborough even had to use the T/S at home which many Peterborough fans said last Thursday shouldn’t be allowed !!! Was the track relaid for this meeting or is it the usual material they’ve used all season ? Personally I think last nights performance from the home team was a one off and they just expected to win. They will be back on it Thursday 

According to MPT the surface material was brand new that they've never ridden on before and the starts were totally different and it caught the Panthers riders off guard.

We must not pick Sheffield in the play-offs look at the scores of some of our riders around Owlerton this season and you'll know why it would be a dangerous move to pick them.

Cant bank on Batchelor having a poor meeting to see us over the line.

54 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

According to MPT the surface material was brand new that they've never ridden on before and the starts were totally different and it caught the Panthers riders off guard.

Kelv said it was clay based. Is that a new thing for your track, that Buster has done. Does Buster do your track, i suspect he might, but don't know.

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Kelv said it was clay based. Is that a new thing for your track, that Buster has done. Does Buster do your track, i suspect he might, but don't know.

He's not the main track man but he'll be the supplier I'd imagine

4 minutes ago, Flappy said:

He's not the main track man but he'll be the supplier I'd imagine

That would make sense. Kelv mentioned it was "stoney" as well. I noticed the AFA was like that in our last home meeting.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:28 PM, KingoftheTrack said:

Clinching top spot in front of the Eurosport camera's.

Choice of guests could be interesting.

Panthers by double figures again imo.

Sorry to burst your balloon. You'll be choosing Sheffield in the semi-finals will you?

What logic is there to change the track for the first time this season (significant) changes with two meetings of the season to go? Riders have got their bikes dialled in then the club throw a curve ball like that. Very strange. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

What logic is there to change the track for the first time this season (significant) changes with two meetings of the season to go? Riders have got their bikes dialled in then the club throw a curve ball like that. Very strange. 

That’s logic that only applies in Speedway.Everyone else thinks logic is a sensible approach to things:D

• Haha 1

I enjoyed the meeting and although the track surface has been questioned I thought there was some decent racing.

Both the Premier and Championship Leagues are now heading for an exciting conclusion and I for one have definitely enjoyed the British stuff much more than either the GP's or Son. Closer racing and look at some of the scores this year where not many points separate the teams. Weather permitting I reckon the play off semis and finals will be edge of your seat stuff and it's all boiling up very nicely.

Hopefully there will be some changes in place for next year though with either one main league or a larger Premiership. This has to be the way to go, a six team league is not the way forward.

• Like 2

Good result for Sheffield...look what happens when Batchelor can be bothered!

One question though....Why do Sheffield keep using James Wright?  He is doing worse now than before he was dropped!

Surely someone like Josh MacDonald would be a better shout for the play-offs?

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

If Batchelor and the top 5 fire Sheffield win the play offs for me 

Only if Stef can get back in time. Other teams have stronger reserves.