British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BartoszZmarzlikFan

Panthers vs. Tigers 20/09 Live on EUROSPORT

25 minutes ago, Tinker said:

I enjoyed the meeting and although the track surface has been questioned I thought there was some decent racing.

Both the Premier and Championship Leagues are now heading for an exciting conclusion and I for one have definitely enjoyed the British stuff much more than either the GP's or Son. Closer racing and look at some of the scores this year where not many points separate the teams. Weather permitting I reckon the play off semis and finals will be edge of your seat stuff and it's all boiling up very nicely.

Hopefully there will be some changes in place for next year though with either one main league or a larger Premiership. This has to be the way to go, a six team league is not the way forward.

The scoring and racing has seemed to be closer this season..

Probably down the same (top), 30 or so riders racing against each other for a variety of teams every meeting...

Only Bewley and Holder could be deemed (almost), top level, with the rest of the top 5's all being much of a muchness....

And when one of them is missing then another similar standard rider guests, or similar riders take the RR ride if that facility is used...

As virtually all ride in Div 2 as well this has kept many of those meetings close too..

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

What logic is there to change the track for the first time this season (significant) changes with two meetings of the season to go? Riders have got their bikes dialled in then the club throw a curve ball like that. Very strange. 

Not convinced the track changes are that great an excuse.

Sheffo would have rocked up, had a look and feel of the surface and set themselves up accordingly. It would obviously have been different to when they were last there.

P'bro could have done the same, or at least changed their setups after each had had a ride or so.

And presumably Rob Lyon had been advised what was being done to the track before the meeting actually started?

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

Sorry to burst your balloon. You'll be choosing Sheffield in the semi-finals will you?

Said it when we turned you over last week that we should pick Wolves.

Sheffield just need Batchelor to turn up and then they're dangerous.

With Wolves Sam Masters hates our track and I cant remember him having a good meeting at the Showground and Broc Nicol doesn't like the track either.

You know what you're going to get from Wolves at the EOEA 

Masters - Poor

Becker - Good 

Morris - Solid

Douglas - Good

Schlein - Poor

Nicol - Poor

Flint - Average

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Kelv said it was clay based. Is that a new thing for your track, that Buster has done. Does Buster do your track, i suspect he might, but don't know.

New.

Never ridden on it around our place before.

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

What logic is there to change the track for the first time this season (significant) changes with two meetings of the season to go? Riders have got their bikes dialled in then the club throw a curve ball like that. Very strange. 

The only theory I could think of is this.

We plan of picking Sheffield in the play-offs and we didn't want them getting some laps in on a good track that would probably be prepared the same way for the SF so the track was sabotaged so the Sheffield riders were getting laps in on something that would be completely different come the play-offs and the result didn't matter to Peterborough because Buster could always pay the KL riders off to throw the meeting against us later this week as he wouldn't sabotage his own club giving Wolves the advantage and first pick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

New.

Never ridden on it around our place before.

It's probably what we have at Lynn. It was noticeably more "stoney" at Lynn's last meeting, and Kelv mentioned it last night. Bit silly to change it now though.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

I don't want it to come across as sour grapes because Sheffield rode it better but from the choice of guest from king's Lynn to the complete change to the track is very fishy and odd.

Edited by Flappy

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Kelv said it was clay based. Is that a new thing for your track, that Buster has done. Does Buster do your track, i suspect he might, but don't know.

Buster put 30 tonnes of clay onto the track in 2019. It's had that clay in it since then. Back in 2019 it became a track where the grip stayed on the inside all night and they ended up not grading the track till after heat 10 to try and make it slicken off around the inside and create a dirt line. They may have re-laid the track and made it very smooth, like buster did originally in 2019, but it's had a top dressing of a clay based material for some time now. Biggest difference I saw last night on the track walk was they just hadn't ripped up the outside.

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

I don't want it to come across as sour grapes because Sheffield rode it better but from the choice of guest from king's Lynn to the complete change to the track is very fishy 

The choice of guest is not rocket science. I believe Dale Allit has something to do with Peterborough and also professes to "manage" and I use the term very losely TJ .  Just getting his boy some extra work.

the fundamental problem is always going to be comparing decisions like this when you have people in both camps. The pay structures of both clubs is very different, and the complete opposite of the popular held view on here who believe that Lynn was built on the cheap and the Panthers riders were expensive. Far from it

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

We plan of picking Sheffield in the play-offs and we didn't want them getting some laps in on a good track that would probably be prepared the same way for the SF so the track was sabotaged so the Sheffield riders were getting laps in on something that would be completely different come the play-offs and the result didn't matter to Peterborough because Buster could always pay the KL riders off to throw the meeting against us later this week as he wouldn't sabotage his own club giving Wolves the advantage and first pick.

This conspiracy theory is on the same scale as COVID being caused by Chinese people eating bats. The fact is, however the track is prepared, both teams have to race on it. The team that adapts best to the surface (i.e. Sheffield) has the best chance of victory.

If the Peterborough plan for becoming champions involves "sabotaging" the track, (your word, not mine), or getting opponents to "throw" meetings (your words, not mine), then you don't deserve to be there. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, PistonBrokeAgain said:

Good result for Sheffield...look what happens when Batchelor can be bothered!

One question though....Why do Sheffield keep using James Wright?  He is doing worse now than before he was dropped!

Surely someone like Josh MacDonald would be a better shout for the play-offs?

Nielsen is a 3 point rider so any guest has to fit that criteria.....

Min for any non Brit is 4

4 hours ago, 4thbender said:

This conspiracy theory is on the same scale as COVID being caused by Chinese people eating bats. The fact is, however the track is prepared, both teams have to race on it. The team that adapts best to the surface (i.e. Sheffield) has the best chance of victory.

If the Peterborough plan for becoming champions involves "sabotaging" the track, (your word, not mine), or getting opponents to "throw" meetings (your words, not mine), then you don't deserve to be there. 

Chinese people are at fault for COVID no theory about that imo. 

Whether it was down to them eating bats or making dodgy electronical devices.

Edited by KingoftheTrack

7 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I'm sorry but I believe its more a case of Panthers making a clanger, let's be honest, we normally have a few a season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wtf said:

The choice of guest is not rocket science. I believe Dale Allit has something to do with Peterborough and also professes to "manage" and I use the term very losely TJ .  Just getting his boy some extra work.

the fundamental problem is always going to be comparing decisions like this when you have people in both camps. The pay structures of both clubs is very different, and the complete opposite of the popular held view on here who believe that Lynn was built on the cheap and the Panthers riders were expensive. Far from it

So we can expect to see more of Jorgensen at 1?