Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Having travelled up from the Midlands for this circus, I went to the ticket office and obtained a refund there and then.

Think the riders made there mind up well before the grading they weren’t up for it.

5 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Hes a vital member of Dads Army and just hope he ensures hes all present and correct for his duties Monday and Thursday evening this week

He rode well for Leicester last night. He had two tremendous races with Charles Wright.

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

From my perspective it was the home riders who didn't want to ride when they finally took the track. Cookie was all but lapped by Dan Thompson.

Kyle Howarth appeared to be the most vocal about the track.

But it’s there body on the line if they feel it’s unsafe who are we to question it.

38 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Hans Andersen now has to travel back for Peterborough monday,  then down to kent tuesday,  back to Glasgow wed , then back for Thursday at Peterborough.lets hope hes got people doing his driving and maintaining his bikes 

He didn’t look very happy tonight

41 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Hans Andersen now has to travel back for Peterborough monday,  then down to kent tuesday,  back to Glasgow wed , then back for Thursday at Peterborough.lets hope hes got people doing his driving and maintaining his bikes 

The twins have to be in Edinburgh Friday as well.

Edited by False dawn

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Think the riders made there mind up well before the grading they weren’t up for it.

I agree. They rocked up to the gates looking like they were ready, but to me it looked like Morris didn't bother round the first bend, Craig saw he was in third and decided not to bother, and Broc had a little go before realising there was no one behind him. Thompson gave up in sympathy. They dropped like flies one after the other, from fourth to first.

It looked like they took us for mugs. Was it perfect? No. But it didn't look dangerous. I've seen plenty meetings in far worse than that, including at Ashfield.

Track staff worked hard and to me it looked like they'd given them a half decent track. The problem looked like a lack of heart to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

I agree. They rocked up to the gates looking like they were ready, but to me it looked like Morris didn't bother round the first bend, Craig saw he was in third and decided not to bother, and Broc had a little go before realising there was no one behind him. Thompson gave up in sympathy. They dropped like flies one after the other, from fourth to first.

It looked like they took us for mugs. Was it perfect? No. But it didn't look dangerous. I've seen plenty meetings in far worse than that, including at Ashfield.

Track staff worked hard and to me it looked like they'd given them a half decent track. The problem looked like a lack of heart to me.

In these situations I seem to remember the advice was to attack the track. George stancl would've got track record on it!! If you go out riding like that it's going to catch you out

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, False dawn said:

From my perspective it was the home riders who didn't want to ride when they finally took the track. Cookie was all but lapped by Dan Thompson.

Leicester demanded the initial track changes which started the nonsense off, as far as im aware.

• Like 1

An unrequested and uneducated opinion. Arrived early, track looked fine albeit a bit wet(roads on the way home were very wet). Someone, or some people, made an unnecessary fuss over conditions no one listened to the track curator who said the track will be fine. Leicester representative not happy with the referee because of Friday night, willing to stir the messy stuff to rearrange. All being equal, as a team, the wagons should of been circled and the pressure put on the away team. 

On a side note, when the chips are down, the young ones always want to give it a go. Well done Mr Thomson.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD said:

Leicester demanded the initial track changes which started the nonsense off, as far as im aware.

Said on the stream Stewart wanted the track work done at 5pm.

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

The man's the end of a bell. Any Leicester fans wish to complain take it up with your team manager

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Hmm, this season a lot of away teams seem to be demanding how a track should be! Including Poole btw. Never used to be like that.

What a waste of time for everyone concerned. 
Why oh why do they have to keep the fans hanging around for an hour before announcing the inevitable.

For whatever reason the riders cannot/ will not ride a damp track, so once they have a shower of rain just call it off. 

Buster Chapman tried a few weeks back, Now Dickson has had a go. It’s a waste of time guys. Shower of rain = call it off. 

Good luck on Wednesday, the weather ain’t getting any better.

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

What a waste of time for everyone concerned. 
Why oh why do they have to keep the fans hanging around for an hour before announcing the inevitable.

For whatever reason the riders cannot/ will not ride a damp track, so once they have a shower of rain just call it off. 

Buster Chapman tried a few weeks back, Now Dickson has had a go. It’s a waste of time guys. Shower of rain = call it off. 

Good luck on Wednesday, the weather ain’t getting any better.

Oh well, weather only going to get worse next month. If playoffs don't get completed in time, will just have to revert back to who finished top. :D