British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, this season a lot of away teams seem to be demanding how a track should be! Including Poole btw. Never used to be like that.

I wonder if the new tyres have anything to do with it?

17 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Can u get a refund on the 50 -50 draw if not use it to get some more shovels :t:

I will collect it for you if you win.

Next time I see you I will give you your half sounds fair.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Probably. I've seen riders riding around puddles on the Poole track before! Though that was prob 15-20 years ago! 

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

I think it’s more a case of if there’s not a problem let’s create one.

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

I know people are annoyed, but I can't think that riders wouldn't want to ride, especially after having travelled that far, without good reason. It seems that the slightest bit of rain puts a meeting at risk these days... there must be a reason for that

Not good , wasted journey ,transport etc 

If every meeting is called off with a heavy shower 2 hours before the start…,

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I know people are annoyed, but I can't think that riders wouldn't want to ride, especially after having travelled that far, without good reason. It seems that the slightest bit of rain puts a meeting at risk these days... there must be a reason for that

Politics or bitterness could be closer to the mark tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Complete farce no mention of money back just goodnight folks :rofl:

Money back on way out if you wanted it.!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD said:

Politics or bitterness could be closer to the mark tonight.

I'm not so sure about that, judging by reports even the Glasgow riders couldn't ride the track

Edited by iainb

Stewart looked pretty pleased with himself in the pits after the call off.

Whilst Peter Facenna looked not so pleased read into that what you will.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm not so sure about that, judging by reports even the Glasgow riders couldn't ride the track

But I wonder if they could’ve ridden it before Stewart complained and 90 mins of track work was done…

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

From what been told the work was done against wishes of track curator and at behest of Leicester. If had been left alone would have been raceable is the view from our end of the pits

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I agree,that was farcical,Cook digging at the entrance to 3rd 4th bend during track walk.Howarth had no intention of riding from the off.Speedway is a dead duck if meetings can’t be run on that track on dry night with no chance of any more rain. Before  the track grade.Why do they never just run a few bikes round to turn the dirt over instead of removing it all and making it farce.The Ref’s are scared to make a decision and listen to much to everybody.That should have either been called off before a wheel was turned or they should have just got on with it.

• Like 3

It's not just at Glasgow where there has been "track" issues though, maybe those "track" issues are actually "tyre" issues, that's all I'm suggesting. It seems this season especially wet meetings have been abandoned or postponed where the common consensus has said that the track "looked" OK.