British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

20 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Those of you there was Hans not interested and going through motions. Read some reports he wasn’t that keen on conditions.

Na I wouldn't say he was giving it his all. When I was viewing him and howarth as the weakest pairing kinda tells you everything. Gifted a win in 14 by giving Bailey his 4th ride

23 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Those of you there was Hans not interested and going through motions. Read some reports he wasn’t that keen on conditions.

From the one that got rained off.

It's too big for me to put the screenshot on here but he said....

'To say I'm fuming is an understatement right this moment our safety should always come first, tried to talk sense, only to be rejected. Ain't on, just really happy nobody came off in that one race.'

Edited by lisa-colette

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

'To say I'm fuming is an understatement right this moment our safety should always come first, tried to talk sense, only to be rejected. Ain't on, just really happy nobody came off in that one race.'

That's from last week no?

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

That's from last week no?

Yeah, I got confused if you were talking about Hans from last week or Hans from today? lol 

Hans wasn’t amazing, but he only got outscored by Ryan Douglas in his programmed rides for the Lions. He got 8. Nick Morris had 6 from his 4. Douglas had paid 10, plus heat 15 and an R/R ride heat 5.

Edited by Noelinho
Spelling.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol, seems like Hans was in charge of Leicester not wanting to do it imo, from what I have seen on Instagram. But yes a wet track normally favours the away team unless they are even more unsettled by it than the home riders! ;)

I was there last Sunday and he didn’t think it should have been bladed.  The home number 1 was the one not keen on riding.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

From the one that got rained off.

Regarding the track being bladed 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Elmo said:

I was there last Sunday and he didn’t think it should have been bladed.  The home number 1 was the one not keen on riding.

But it was the away team that requested track work be carried out at 5pm.

So you are saying Hans didn’t agree with his own teams wishes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

It would appear that way.Most Tigers fans I talked said the meeting should have called off if they though the track was unfit before the meetingwithout the blade work,and I agree.

1 hour ago, Cerro said:

I must say, 49-41 flatters Leicester today and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Theres no way we line up the way we did in heats 14 & 15 if its the playoffs.

Average fixing in the last three heats haha 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It would appear that way.Most Tigers fans I talked said the meeting should have called off if they though the track was unfit before the meetingwithout the blade work,and I agree.

Howarth and Andersen going to be busy with play offs in both leagues.

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Conditions were fine . Yes there was a couple of small showers and the track was slick because of the threat of rain , but there was no issue for any of the riders . Andersen didn't look as if he wasn't trying 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Conditions were fine . Yes there was a couple of small showers and the track was slick because of the threat of rain , but there was no issue for any of the riders . Andersen didn't look as if he wasn't trying 

The old boy is probably just tired, he's been busy recently!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Quite possibly