British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

Tigers did the biz. Onwards to the semi's and final. We may just get the prize.

2 hours ago, Topcat said:

Tigers did the biz. Onwards to the semi's and final. We may just get the prize.

Sorry never going to happen, youse are cursed I tell ya :rofl:

I think we're a heat leader short unfortunately. Especially against the top 3s of Poole and Edinburgh

30 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

No mention in the report on the Lions website this morning about why Dan Thompson was missing.

He was ill

6 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

He was ill

I know he was I'll but I thought it strange that this wasnt mentioned in the report. No mention of Dan at all.

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

No mention in the report on the Lions website this morning about why Dan Thompson was missing.

Bad case of dandruff maybe , anyway it didn't make much difference . Kennedy tried his heart out and took the majority of the r/r outings , but Howarth was minging so his outing never did any damage 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skodaman said:

He was ill

Is that a non-speedway related illness? If so a 7 day absence?

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Is that a non-speedway related illness? If so a 7 day absence?

It will soon change to a "covid reaction" as the young lad had his 1st jab & felt ill about 18-24 hours later after doing a double header Saturday night.

Am I the only one who thinks the Tigers may be lulled into a false sense of security with this result?

A couple of below par performances from the Lions...low and beyold, two extra paydays...must be the cynic in me.

Edited by BrizHeathen
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Tigers may be lulled into a false sense of security with this result?

A couple of below par performances from the Lions...low and beyold, two extra paydays...must be the cynic in me.

Nick Morris end of match interview suggested he was very happy to have  2 extra matches;).It’s all about earning money after all,doesn’t matter what team.Tigers fans  can’t be sure what any Tiger will do in his next race (exception Cook).

Edited by Fromafar

1 hour ago, BrizHeathen said:

Yes

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Yes

Quite a busy time for a few riders. A fair number involved in play offs in both leagues.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Nick Morris end of match interview suggested he was very happy to have  2 extra matches;).It’s all about earning money after all,doesn’t matter what team.Tigers fans  can’t be sure what any Tiger will do in his next race (exception Cook).

It’s easy for nick to say that. It's not him trying to find dates to put on the meetings nor him trying to find the money or change shifts so fans can attend and support there team. And surely every track should aspire to what Glasgow produces, unpredictable exciting fair racing.